PDA

View Full Version : Electric shock-like feelings on skin

Itzomi
11-01-2010, 02:21 PM
I know this is a symptom of anxiety, so I'm not really freaking out, but since it is a brand-spankin'-new symptom of mine, I thought I'd ask...

Does anyone get the sensation of having little tiny electric shock feelings on their skin? It's just really random, out of the blue, you'll feel a tiny little shock on your arm or face or whatever. It was happening to me on Friday and is happening again today.

Just wondering how common it is!! Thanks, guys!!

forwells
11-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Yep everyday at some time or another

I know this is a symptom of anxiety, so I'm not really freaking out,

So now you know so put that one to bed :P

cheers kev :D

Itzomi
11-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Yeah, but when it happens on my face, with my other facial issues, I get concerned... But luckily I *do* know it's an anxiety symptom!!

You were saying in another thread that you joined the Anxiety Centre and that it was the best thing you ever did. May I ask which person you spoke to? I am debating joining...

forwells
11-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Howdy again

Yes i can remember when my lip would twich and then my eye lid . It was a pain in the bum and very anoying .

Join AC Dont debate your helth is worth more than that . I mostly learned from reading all the pages of information but i also saw sue for a little bit and now see Stacey a couple of times a month .

cheers kev :D

RoseFlower
11-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Hi, I'm Rose, I'm new!

I've had sensations like these in my hands and head (rarely, but a few times) that were associated with my use of an SSRI, particularly when I was decreasing my dose. My psychiatrist at the time was not deeply concerned because they were rare and weren't a mental symptom like depression or suicidal thoughts.

It's always good, tho, in my opinion, to discuss something like this with a Family Dr. and/or Psychiatrist. They do need to rule out any other super-rare causes to be thorough, and may have great advice.

Rose

Itzomi
11-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Join AC Dont debate your helth is worth more than that . I mostly learned from reading all the pages of information but i also saw sue for a little bit and now see Stacey a couple of times a month .

Thanks!! I think I just may take the plunge!!

Itzomi
11-02-2010, 10:25 AM
It's always good, tho, in my opinion, to discuss something like this with a Family Dr. and/or Psychiatrist. They do need to rule out any other super-rare causes to be thorough, and may have great advice.

Rose

I got an electric shock just reading that! LOL.

Zuena
11-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Iztomi, I am going to put you over my lap and give you a hiding.

Itzomi
11-02-2010, 01:33 PM
What did I do NOW? :unsure: :tongue: