PDA

View Full Version : Hi....gad affecting me

hockey2010fanatic
10-31-2010, 09:38 AM
Hi guys, so I thought I was going good for a while, until tonight I woke up at 4am with my head feeling weird, likE a pressure feeling, difficulty breathing, sore throat, and like a vibrating feeling in head, anyone had this?

Zuena
10-31-2010, 12:04 PM
HI hockey,

Don't be in a rush to put these symptoms down to anxiety. Are you not maybe coming down with a cold, or the flu?

Z

hockey2010fanatic
10-31-2010, 05:03 PM
ummm no because i have had these symptoms before, usually after night of drinking

sparks
10-31-2010, 08:07 PM
I am very interested in people that are suddenly able to QUIT something that they were unable to QUIT. I am super fascinated by people's ability to get to the point where change happens. I have been fascinated to observe A LOT of smokers and notice one thing. The smokers that never quit might decide to quit and make a promise to themselves to NEVER smoke again, but then they get an urge and decide to give and since they gave in... they say..ohh hell... I'll just smoke another one. Conversely, the people who quit are able to smoke one..have a setback and make another promise to themselves and finally...it becomes completely real that the old thing is GONE.

hockey2010fanatic
11-01-2010, 06:59 AM
Don't know how that helps me

lawandorder
11-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Anxiety is unlikely to cause a sore throat and a vibrating feeling. But anxiety does have the capacity to make you catastrophize and focus on any small sensation and turn it into something massive. If you didn't have anxiety, chances are you would have thought "god i don't feel that great,' had a glass of water, and gone back to bed. Then you would have woken up feeling normal, (I assume the sensatino subsided over a period of time, and you were left with no symptoms, and just anxiety 'what was that - what could that feeling have been - do i have disorder x/y - google vibrating in head, sore throat, pressure)
As you can see from an outside perspective your anxiety response is very clear ;)
Next time, the hard part - try going back to sleep. I have woken up to lots of wierd things, and i started off getting worked up about it, but now I can wake up and go to sleep within minutes. Then when i wake up, i know that it happened, but i wasn't anxious about it. And that feels good.

But practice makes perfect, so unless you wake up with the house on fire, try get some sleep :)

hope this helps

ngbrock
11-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Yes, I know how you feel! Is it like a buzzing feeling in your head? I get that sensation a lot. I've read that other than certain medications causing this, it is actually the neurons firing rapidly. I guess that makes sense considering how I have had anxiety for many years, and I can honestly say that I feel like my brain never truly "relaxes". I am constantly thinking and stressing, even causing myself to wake up in panic- heart racing, short of breath, dizziness, etc. Not sure if this really helps, but just wanted to let you know I understand how you feel and often go through the same thing myself.