PDA

View Full Version : Ever heard of this before?

Zuena
10-30-2010, 01:07 PM
I was chatting to a friend of mine the other day, and told her that it looks like I have pretty much beaten this anxiety.. she is a nurse, and told me that I should really start keeping some Brazil nuts with me and munching on them during the day.

Apparently they are a top source of selenium, a mineral that soothes the central nervous system during high-stress times.

I googled it and it seems to be true.

Anyone heard of this before?

Z

gaara
10-30-2010, 01:38 PM
I was chatting to a friend of mine the other day, and told her that it looks like I have pretty much beaten this anxiety.. she is a nurse, and told me that I should really start keeping some Brazil nuts with me and munching on them during the day.

Apparently they are a top source of selenium, a mineral that soothes the central nervous system during high-stress times.

I googled it and it seems to be true.

Anyone heard of this before?

Z

Hi Zuena, I've noticed your posts here are very informative and helpful. Is it possible to add you on msn so we can chat?

PM me please.

Zuena
10-30-2010, 09:16 PM
Hi Gaara, thank you. I am certainly no expert, I have only been dealing with this a short while but I seem to have found something that works for me.

My msn address is [email protected]. (I don't check this for mail though.)

Z

Itzomi
10-31-2010, 12:59 PM
I heard about Brazil nuts and selenium, and I think it is 3 a day that is suggested??

Thanks for the reminder!!

ThePhoenix
10-31-2010, 09:04 PM
Hmmm, interesting...I didnt know this but then coincidently I have been eating Brazil nuts recently and have been feeling better....wonder if its related. :D

Good post!

Zuena
10-31-2010, 11:54 PM
I am not sure exactly how many nuts you need to eat per day - maybe it's a good idea to have a small bag around and eat a few maybe 4 - 5 times a day? They are quite big so I am sure 2 or so at a time will do.

My friend told me that the selenium content is so high that eating these nuts can actually replace some of the milder anti-anxiety medication.

I don't know if that is true, but she is a nurse so I guess she would know.

Z

Mannylirio
11-01-2010, 01:16 AM
Nops!

I never heard this before but i am sure these Brazilian nuts will definitely prove to be beneficial for you. I prefer you to go for it. I am also going to google it. I am sure it i will find some more useful info about Brazilian nuts and there effects on the body.

Zuena
11-01-2010, 09:00 AM
Maybe we should start a thread on natural remedies, meditation, yoga, massage and aroma therapy and so on.

Hmmm.

Z

manda266
11-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks, yet another great topic for me to research from this site. Anything natural, that may help is worth a shot.

RoseFlower
11-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Many things work. I've heard almonds recommended. And a dily intake of omega 3-6-9 fatty acids (good fats). My Psychiatrist told me that probiotics (good bacteria, usually in pill form) are helpful with anxiety to take over the long term.

pumpkin77
11-02-2010, 01:04 PM
That sounds great... but I dont like nuts :(

Anything else diet-wise anyone can suggest?

Britanica
11-06-2010, 11:42 AM
That sounds great... but I dont like nuts :(

Anything else diet-wise anyone can suggest?

for some reason i found that peppermints help me. i always keep some in my purse.