PDA

View Full Version : Hello New here

creeklady
07-14-2005, 04:29 PM
HI Ihave had panic disorder/anxiety disorder/agoriphobia for over 10 year now I used to be homebound I am on Paxil for the last 9 years and it has changed my life but I still am very much a homebody and like my "little World" as compared to getting out there I dont like busy places or crowded places hate elevators and the doctor or dentist is the devil its self as I am made to be there , but I thought I would join agroup of people that understand as that is so hard I still cannot hold down a normal job soen know if I ever will but I thought I woudl say Hi

shoe
07-15-2005, 08:07 AM
welcome creeklady. i thought for a second it said 'creaky lady' so I had to think twice hehe, you sure aren't old enough to creak yet :P

Im glad Paxil has helped you out, but it sounds like u still have some difficulty. But believe me, you arent alone about the doctors and dentists thing - I dont enjoy seeing either of them one bit!

do u go out with friends now and then to social situations, or do u avoid them? I avoid social settings like the plague - but then im social phobic hehe

creeklady
07-15-2005, 09:57 AM
HI Shoey I can go in social situations but I am reluctant I usualy say no when some one ask me to go some where I dont have very many friends at all ,prob do to the fact that I am a home body and that is where I like to be I dotn ahve any trouble going to the feed store or other small places and I am comfortable in them but I dotn like malls or anything like that and I do avoid them at all cost ya I am prob old enough to creak LOL Ih ave taken enough spills off my horses for sure :)

shoe
07-15-2005, 10:15 AM
ow that sounds painful! My sister and mom actually own a bunch of horses.. among other animals like goats and pigs hehe. They've had a few falls themselves :? But I think they've had enough of the horse farm thing and are trying to get rid of their animals now hehe

creeklady
07-15-2005, 12:15 PM
I will never get rid of my horses as long as I can keep them they hlpe me keep my sanity lol I love them dearly and itis like when the rest of the world just doesnt get it they do

shoe
07-15-2005, 12:51 PM
I know how ya feel. I hear it alot from pet owners.. the pets are 'there' for ya when the rest of the world lets ya down, they love you unconditionally, and are best friends for life. But I'm thinking that unconditional love might be cuz you feed them and groom them and house them and.. hmm, all that work makes me wonder who really is the master and who's the pet ;P

creeklady
07-15-2005, 04:30 PM
who cares as long as it works LOL and Ihave had them for 20 years and it works but animals are used in threapy all the time when you think about it they do so much good for people they acctually give them hope

shoe
07-15-2005, 06:32 PM
im sorry if I came across the wrong way, I was just joking around. I love animals really, my family had a number of dogs and cats and other animals when I was growing up. I learned they can be really comforting at times, and sometimes best buds ;) Except those evil ones... =P

creeklady
07-17-2005, 09:13 PM
that is ok Shoey I didnt mean to snap or anything I figured you were kidding I guess it cam eout wrong :? :)