PDA

View Full Version : Depersonalization

eagle7
07-17-2006, 05:17 PM
Hi. New to this forum. For the last 3 months i've been feeling completely out of it. Everything around me is so unreal and I know that i'm not myself. I just celebrated my 18th birthday and it was so hard to take anything in. I've been worried that something is physically wrong with me as i've lacked so much energy and feel constantly tired. Reading this forum it seems that I have what is known as 'depersonalization'. I recently split up with my girlfriend of four years and have just finished my A levels. I felt completely out of it for my exams as if I wasn't actually there. Its a horrible feeling.

Pancthulhu
07-21-2006, 06:04 AM
Hi there. I've had Depersonalisation for three months as well and I just finished my A Levels - great time to get an anxiety disorder isn't it? Haha.
You are still yourself, no matter how strange you feel - give yourself some credit. You've just been through your exams and finished school while coping with a disorder. It takes a strong person to do that.
Anyway, http://www.dpselfhelp.com/forum is a great DP-specific forum that has helped me a lot.