PDA

View Full Version : headache in back of head?freaking out

jj1983
10-28-2010, 01:04 PM
I have a weird feeling headache in the back of my neck on the left side that is really scaring me.I dont feel sick but keep thinking i feel sort of numb..but i dont?>its weird?advice??? anyone have this happen

forwells
10-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Advice

Breathe and stop worrying about it .

Sorry i know it hard but what else can you do . I think i know what you are talking about and it is a really weird feeling , sort of like something is crawling under your skin ..

Trust me when i say it is only a nerve misfiring and it will past in time so dont give it any power .

What worries you about it ??

cheers kev :D

Itzomi
10-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Not sure if it's the same thing but I get an odd headache back there as well, on the left side.

jerrynyc138
10-29-2010, 02:20 PM
I have had the same thing pretty much, been almost everyday for three years now. Its like a headach 24/7 almost, had 2 mri and 2 catscan and nothing came up.

somaesthesia
10-29-2010, 02:59 PM
That really sounds like a tension headache to me!
?

ThePhoenix
10-29-2010, 11:04 PM
Not sure if it's the same thing but I get an odd headache back there as well, on the left side.

Lol, I get this as well. Nearly always on the left side. Occasionally it worries me but then I remind myself its been going on for years and gets worse when I worry about it and it passes.

hesson81
10-30-2010, 09:17 AM
Yea, I get these headaches all the time to. Some times the size of a quarter, right on the back of the head. Makes me wonder sometimes, but i don't want to fall into that trap again. The other day I swore, that it throbbed a little, and as it throbbed my vision oscilated, lasted about4 seconds. Really weird.

jj1983
10-30-2010, 07:04 PM
Ya its happening again tonight too....hurts bad and is really annoying me bad.........woe

Zuena
10-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Generally, if a headache sits in the back of your head, it is tension. It is extremely painful and makes you feel as if you are floating.

Get in the shower, turn it up full blast and direct the spray directly toward the back of your neck and your shoulders. The water should be as hot as you can handle it. Also, if someone is around that can help you out, have them massage your shoulders and neck with a mix of ylang ylang and grapeseed massage oil. Ylang ylang has excellent anti depressant properties, and grapeseed oil is moisturising and restoring. You HAVE to mix the two though as it is not a good idea to rub the ylang ylang straight onto your skin.

Also, pay attention when you are sitting down. Relax your shoulders and back. And drink water! Our bodies are made up of 75% water, and our brains use a lot of it - one of the first signs of dehydration is a headache.

This more than often takes care of the headaches.

Good luck,

Z

ThePhoenix
10-31-2010, 09:12 PM
Generally, if a headache sits in the back of your head, it is tension. It is extremely painful and makes you feel as if you are floating.

Get in the shower, turn it up full blast and direct the spray directly toward the back of your neck and your shoulders. The water should be as hot as you can handle it. Also, if someone is around that can help you out, have them massage your shoulders and neck with a mix of ylang ylang and grapeseed massage oil. Ylang ylang has excellent anti depressant properties, and grapeseed oil is moisturising and restoring. You HAVE to mix the two though as it is not a good idea to rub the ylang ylang straight onto your skin.

Also, pay attention when you are sitting down. Relax your shoulders and back. And drink water! Our bodies are made up of 75% water, and our brains use a lot of it - one of the first signs of dehydration is a headache.

This more than often takes care of the headaches.

Good luck,

Z

Another excellent post! Also further to the sitting down with relaxed, when people are sitting in front of the TV or computer, make sure that you arent slouching your shoulders and having your head pointing down!

Itzomi
11-01-2010, 11:18 AM
when people are sitting in front of the TV or computer, make sure that you arent slouching your shoulders and having your head pointing down!

Oh, geez, that causes a headache? I have to look down when I type - I do it all the time! That's good to know!!

Zuena
11-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Sitting in a slouchy position or being all tensed up places stress on your shoulder and neck muscles, which makes you feel more tense and therefore causes headaches.

In my uninformed opinion, anyway.

:-P

Z

tconnorbok
11-01-2010, 01:52 PM
The headaches I get now are on the top fron portion of the head. It feels like pressure. If I put my forearm on the top and press down it relieves some of the pressure feeling. Would this be a tension headache also?

Zuena
11-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Could be a migraine - due to stress. Could be dehydration. Could be your eyes. If in your forehead, it could be sinus.

:-)

forwells
11-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Howdy

Just one thing

Anxiety is know to effect the immune system. You sound like you may have sinus .

Get yourself a netti pot and flush you sinus out with salt water and see if that helps

cheers kev :D

Itzomi
11-01-2010, 03:22 PM
I might have the sinus issues as well. The insides of my nose hurt, behind my eye socksets and my eye lids, forehead, top of my head, behind my ears, cheeks... Could this mean I have a sinus disease?

Zuena
11-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Sinus is not a disease Iz.

Take two fingers and press underneath your eyes, next to your nose. Press down hard. If it hurts like all hell, it is probably sinus. Sinus is known to cause severe headaches that sometimes feel like they are coming from behind your eyes.

A good product like Sinumax can sort it out quickly.

Z

Itzomi
11-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Sinus is not a disease Iz.

Take two fingers and press underneath your eyes, next to your nose. Press down hard. If it hurts like all hell, it is probably sinus. Sinus is known to cause severe headaches that sometimes feel like they are coming from behind your eyes.

A good product like Sinumax can sort it out quickly.

Never heard of Sinumax, but I do use a spray which seems to help some called Nature's Rite Sinus Relief. But since it's all over my head, not sure if it's quite that... At the moment it doesn't hurt to press in those pots, but sometimes it does.

Someone here said he had a sinus disease so, of course, I figured it sounded pretty dang reasonable that I would, too! :?

jj1983
11-02-2010, 09:42 PM
OMG I work on my laptop and look down at it daily!!!!You could have something there! Thanks for that advice!

Britanica
11-06-2010, 11:54 AM
i actually get that alot. its your left bone in the back of your skull. i can't remember what its called, but you keep nocking it out of place. my doctor has to realine mine every three weeks cause of my anxiety and stress... just from tensing up it pushes it out of place. pushing presure on it always helps me. try laying with a tenis ball where your skull and spine meet. it may help.

Britanica
11-06-2010, 01:59 PM
i remembered the name...

your oxcipital. i'm probly spelling it wrong.
a chiropracter should be able to help you out.

Itzomi
11-06-2010, 07:42 PM
i remembered the name...

your oxcipital. i'm probly spelling it wrong.
a chiropracter should be able to help you out.

That's very helpful! Thanks!!