PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for friends with my condition

batboybrian
07-17-2006, 04:35 PM
My name is brian and I suffer with generalized and social anxiety. I am here because I am trying to recover and i need some help.

apointcollapsing
09-13-2006, 12:20 AM
Hi Brian,

I am a younger male than yourself, 23 to be exact. However, I suffer from both Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Social Anxiety Disorder, as well as Panic Attacks. So, you have a friend in me. Feel free to contact me regarding anything.

gnggingar
09-18-2006, 05:38 PM
hi Brian - i am new to this forum and I too suffer from gad and social anxiety and have for as long as I can remember. I have been fighting it without wanting to take meds but just decided to go that route after not being able to take it anymore about 6 days ago. If you are considering this I am a friend here to talk and can share my week experience so far.

MizzJuli
09-23-2006, 06:55 PM
hi im 21 and i had social phobia since i was 12 ... i also just joined and came here to talk to peopel aorund my age with the same problem... so i dont feel alone all the time.. because when u have social phobia u lose ALOT of friends...

soundthoughts
09-24-2006, 07:45 PM
I've been in your shoes, and I thought I would never leave the reality I lived with daily. Friends even found it awkward to talk to me on the phone at one point... Believe it or not I finished a degree this way.. Public speaking was enough to make me cry. And, believe me I did. Male 26 years old at the time. My confidence levels are not at the height of an olympic athlete yet but my close friends and family would probably call me normal now .

I would caution anyone that if you don't take proactive position in dealing with this it can and does take over peopel's lives, affecting career, life partners, relatinoships, earning potential.. practically your whole future.

I had no guidence whatsoever in getting better besides my doctor. He prescribed three different anti-depressants that I had to slowly get off of . Pharmacuitacles made me a total Zomby - they affected my memory and pretty much made me a robot - not a good life.

glad to talk with anyone on MSN [email protected]
victoria bc canada.

derkmesiter
09-29-2006, 12:23 AM
My name is Derk and I have had challenges with panic attacks and a problem with jumping to conclusions. I am looking for new books and friends who have different ways of thinking about this crazy world we live in. :tongue:

jaenickm
10-07-2006, 06:07 PM
My name is brian and I suffer with generalized and social anxiety. I am here because I am trying to recover and i need some help.Hi I have anxiety disorders but thanks to PAXIL I am functioning fantastically and have been on it for about 10 years. I feel great but my doctor told me that just like some diseases or disorders sometimes it is for life so I came to accept it. You are not alone but I feel that with medication iyou can overcome it. HEy I tried all the natural remedies before and nothing worked. I feel great but I need to stay medicated.

cagekickr
12-10-2006, 05:28 AM
I totally agree with jaenickm. I hate to sound like a shill for the drug industry, but I tried everything before taking a psychologists advice and seeing a psychiatrist for meds. I did natural, relaxation, cbt, you name it, but only gained significant ground after starting meds. I was on Paxil for 10 years and recently switched to Lexapro. They gave me my life back. Like jaenickm said, sometimes you have to accept that you have a disease, like someone with diabetes, and go the medicine route. My panic and OCD was completely out of control and dibilitating. Treatment gave me my life back.

SheilaMay
01-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Hey im Sheila May ive suffered from G.A.d for over a year now and im 20
isnt it great that were not alone????
:P
im also looking to meet freinds like myself
take care everyone

Music_lover
01-03-2007, 11:56 AM
Hey i'm 15 and i'm new here too. i don't really knwow hat i have or why or anything like most people on here know. i suffer from very bad attacks though. so if i can help somehow, or if you need someone to talk to, i'm here :)

-holly

TheBlueDanube
01-06-2007, 09:24 AM
I am in the panic attack and agoraphobia club. Nice to meet people that understand. I also tried all natural remedies after suffering for pretty much my whole 24 years. I recently started Zoloft so I hope it helps. :mrgreen:

Kitkat1962
01-31-2007, 01:20 PM
I suffer from social phobia and panic attacks and I have major depressive disorder. I have been like this since I was a small child. I was very withdrawn from other kids and had a hard time making friends. Even now as a 44 year old I can't even go out and socialize in the outside world. I have it in my head that people do bad things and hurt me and my friends that I make move away and leave without telling me or don't call me and keep in touch.

It is very hard for me and I'm going on to 75 mgs of Effexor twice a day and take clonazepam 0.5mgs when I need it for my anxiety. I've done therapy and doctors since I was a child but got on antidepressants when I was 28.

If you need to talk about things you can write to me. I'll try to help in any way that I can. I live in Ontario Canada.

LYNDSAY
02-01-2007, 02:59 PM
its a hard call with meds im always afraid of the side effects~! freaks me out, but i want ot get better too!! if anybody wants a friend im here, and dealing with it and would love a friend on here also!!