PDA

View Full Version : new to this board

Jenjen15
07-16-2006, 09:33 AM
hey im new to this board
ive had agoraphobia 4 a few months now and ive been tryin 2 get in touch wit a counsellor but nobody will c me :cry: some days i feel like im really cracking up and i cant take it! its became a bit of a routine for me now, i live in fear and im scared of being raped or attacked because its nearly happened to me when ive been out ... i can only go out with someone who i trust ... other than that i cant and its driving me mad!
im going to the doctors tomorrow and im hoping that she will get me a counsellor this time
thanks for letting me share
jen

07-16-2006, 08:19 PM
Hello Jen. I'm sorry you're afraid of being attacked like that, and I hope you get to see that councellor soon.

I don't want to scare you or anything, but I think that even when you see this councellor and they help you, you should still keep alert. It makes me angry that people do that to others, and I don't get angry easily. I'd suggest you definitely take up some form of self defense lessons and carry mace or something with you so if anyone does try that you can give them pain. ;)

Now for a grin, try going to yahoo.com and searching for "monkey steals the peach" under images and click on the first one you find, then click 'view image' at the top to see the full picture. This move here is almost guarenteed to stop any man, every time. I'd learn this first thing. :D

Good luck to you.

Bubbywu
07-16-2006, 08:51 PM
I wish you nothing but the best. Always go with your instincts when it comes to violent crimes. Nine times out of ten, you'll be right on. And ask about seeing a cognitive therapist. They help you reprogram the way your mind is thinking, so it's not so negative all the time.
I've had Agoraphobia for 17 years. I became functional after being homebound for six months. Now I've had a little setback, so I'm going back to therapy. And she's good too. I've only had 2 appointments, and it's making a difference. Hang in there and don't give up!!! ;)

Chele

Jenjen15
07-17-2006, 12:07 PM
thanks for all the advice you've given me! :D the doctor said i should be getting a counsellor within a few weeks so third time lucky right!
jen