PDA

View Full Version : Book recommendations...

hockeyxshawn
10-26-2010, 05:36 PM
I was wondering if anyone has read any good books about anxiety/panic/depression that has helped them in their journey to feeling better. I recently read "Transforming Anxiety, Transcending Shame" by Rex Briggs. I found this book to have some very useful information and great exercises. Well I hope to hear some other good recommendations from y'all! Thanks!

somaesthesia
10-27-2010, 10:27 PM
I don't have any suggestions, but I thought I would bump it up because it's a very good question.

I hope someone answers it! :)

rockyranger90
10-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Hi, I have read a few very helpful books that have good anxiety coping skills and techniques, as well as just giving me peace of mind that it is ALL anxiety causing these symptoms. Hope this short list helps.

1) hope and help for your nerves by Claire Weekes

2) calming your anxious mind by Jeffrey Brantley

3) the anxiety and phobia workbook by Edmund J. Bourne

All these can be found on Amazon

forwells
10-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Howdy

Not a book but the best and most correct information about anxiety anywhere is www.anxietycentre.com (http://www.anxietycentre.com) . Yes you have to pay a small fee to join but it is worth the cost and besides you pay some over priced doctor who knows nothing . Whats you health worth to you ???

Book i just finished reading which is great and is The life factor by Dr Walker

This is a book about stress , which is the problem . IT is not anxiety that is the problem . It is the symptom of a overworked and overstressed body and if you work on changing this then the anxiety will past .

Dr Claire is good but i found basic .

Eckhart Tolle "The Power Of Now" I have not read but am told it is great at learning to live in the moment .

The first one above saved my life and could not recommend it enough .

cheers kev :D

jj1983
10-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Thanks KEV I will be getting that book soon..

I have the Claire book and also has another system by lucinda bassett and a CBT book...read all 3 cover to cover....still :oops:

Fasteel
10-28-2010, 09:33 PM
You can read all of the books you want, but until you are ready to make the commitment to get better, you might just as well be reading the latest best seller.
Regards Greg

forwells
10-29-2010, 02:51 AM
You can read all of the books you want, but until you are ready to make the commitment to get better, you might just as well be reading the latest best seller.
Regards Greg

HOwdy

I think that's a great point . All these books are like instruction manuals but they will only work if you put whats in them into practice .

Say Greg How is your wife going , hoping she is getting there ?

cheers kev :D