PDA

View Full Version : Just got home from therapy...

Charmbracelet81
10-26-2010, 11:20 AM
...and I expressed to my therapist how "normal" I felt yesterday that it actually freaked me out. She says that I am getting better! Music to my ears, although I am afraid of relapse. She showed me a chapter in her panic book that is called Fear of Getting Better. Never knew there was such a thing, but I went through it yesterday. It's just strange how a feeling you want so badly to come back, comes, then it makes your fearful.

Itzomi
10-26-2010, 01:28 PM
That's great that you are making progress!! I can totally see how people can fear getting better, at least when you consider some people fear losing weight (they might want to at first but, once their goal is in sight, they freak out and go back to their old habits), getting a promotion, you name it.

The therapist sounds like a good one, or at least a good match.

Wishing continued success for you!!

forwells
10-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Howdy Charm

Well done . You will get there .

can totally see how people can fear getting better

I don't think that its a fear . It a strange feeling because its something we haven't felt for so long . And what happens when you feel strange and you have anxiety . You start to question it . Is it this , is it that ??

I think what you have found now charm is a big factor in your recovery and a huge step towards it .

cheers kev :D

jgiannettict
10-26-2010, 02:28 PM
If you are still suffering from anxiety I have found a solution that is working very well for me...

I am cronic sufferer from anxiety and i feel great....give it a try it works great for me.....

Click the link below to learn more....

ThePhoenix
10-27-2010, 10:00 AM
...and I expressed to my therapist how "normal" I felt yesterday that it actually freaked me out. She says that I am getting better! Music to my ears, although I am afraid of relapse. She showed me a chapter in her panic book that is called Fear of Getting Better. Never knew there was such a thing, but I went through it yesterday. It's just strange how a feeling you want so badly to come back, comes, then it makes your fearful.

Thats excellent Charm! I think sometimes we relate the fear to being vigilant, like by being fearful we are protecting ourselves from something so when its gone its a defence is missing, even though its not a defence at all!