PDA

View Full Version : Taking meds

Zuena
10-22-2010, 12:58 PM
I think I am depressed.

For years I have been feeling "down" alllll the time and I thought that it was due to so much happening in my life and I wondered if maybe I just didn't have the desire to live anymore. Not in a "end it all" way, I just really thought life has been too hard and it has robbed me of my happiness, and that I would have to drag myself through the rest of my years.

I don't get suicidal, and I do have my moments but I don't cry all the time or constantly feel miserable. I don't have the signs of deep depression like constant emotional turmoil or sleeping a lot. I just lack that "spark" that most people seem to have. I just can't be bothered with life, really.

My doctor prescribed an anti-depressant around 2 weeks ago and I really thought I don't need it, that it was the anxiety.. but thinking about it, I wonder if I shouldn't give it a try. My sister was on the same meds for a while (after she walked out of a 28 year marriage) and she said that one morning, about a month after she started taking the pills, she just woke up and felt like she could breathe again, that her head has came up from underneath the water.

I don't give anxiety any credit in my life anymore, so let's say when I USED to feel anxious all the time, I was soooo scared of taking even painkillers. I would go into a flat panic and think I have overdosed, even if I took only one asprin. Besides not wanting that anxiety to come back when I do start taking meds, I am also concerned about the side effects, such as addiction.

(Besides not wanting to take meds because I was afraid that I would die because I had overdosed, I was also afraid that it would make me sleepy to the point where I would do something stupid and lose control. Always the control issue, huh. )

Any advice on this? Is there anyone else out there with an issue about taking meds?

Any advice about either issue would be appreciated.

Z

sparks
10-23-2010, 07:03 AM
Start by working out. Working out is a proven and sustainable way to overcome depression; the statistics show this.

mamascrazy1985
10-24-2010, 06:28 PM
Yes yes and cannot stress it anymore. i am obsessed with the fact if i take anything i will faint have horrible side effects or die. i didnt used to be this way at all. i get frustrated with my kids. i want to sleep for more than 8 hours. i cry alot. people piss me off alot. just by coming to my house or being noisy neighbors. i cant drive certain time s of the day especially at night. and i cant take meds to fix my problem. i took lexapro before and didnt have any symptoms but now its different i believe i will ....... obsession. anyways your not the only one. and im saying screw the whole med free thing which i have been for 2 years and im calling for therapy tomorrow. im sick of ocd depression and anxiety ruining my life.