PDA

View Full Version : Rollarcoaster. Losing hope.

NativeLady_2010
10-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Well its been 5 solid days with this intense anxiety. I havent really had a panic attack, Just always feel "on edge" I have the depersonalization/derealization really bad. That is the main thing that is bothering me. I feel so far from myself. I question everything I do. After I say something I think "did I just say that"? I feel like I am losing my mind. As if I am not real. I ask myself crazy questions like "what am I?" "why am I human?" Stupid things. I have been through this before. And I have healed. But I feel like I am not gonna make it this time. I carry on with my regular activites, even talk with my friends. No one outside my family suspects anything to be wrong. When I am home I am crying on and off. When I am in public I am constantly trying to calm myself. No one knows the turmoil that goes on inside of me. Maybe I am crazy?? Will doing all my regular activites help this leave me sooner?? Or should I just lay down in my bed and live out the rest of my life there? Oh my God I'm so anxious.

forwells
10-20-2010, 01:21 AM
Howdy

So what seems to be the main problem . Why do you believe that you cant get past this . I think from your last few post you are letting these feelings get to you and you are building them

I think you need to relax a bit and breath and let things settle a bit .

I also think that you should talk to your family about this as a problem shared is a problem halved .

I will be around for a while if you want to chat away .. I have to go for about half hour but will be back

cheers kev

Itzomi
10-20-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm so sorry it's gotten so bad. Kev gave a great quote there - "A problem shared is a problem halved." Haven't heard that in a while but it's great advice!!

Perhaps you can do something relaxing for yourself like get acupuncture? I'm doing that and loving it!!

gaara
10-20-2010, 04:46 PM
I've been browsing this forum for almost a month now. I've been encouraged by many of your responses and would like to say Thank You.

One thing that I've noticed though, is a lot of these solutions help but only for a little while before they don't work anymore. It's like anxiety/depression is immune to it.

It may be a chemical imbalance and/or it may just be our thought process, but one thing is forsure is if you change your way of thinking then your body will produce different chemicals and you WILL feel better.

The root of all anxiety/depression I believe is to be in your thought process. What I'm struggling with is how to go about changing your way of thinking, and the more I think about it the more I keep losing hope which is making things a lot worse :(

Seeing a therapist is something I'd like to do except I have no money seeing as I'm just a student so I'm at a loss.

--------------------------------

As for the posters problem, I'm sort of having the same thing. Nothing feels the same anymore like I'm not part of reality and it's very distressful.

ThePhoenix
10-21-2010, 12:09 AM
One thing that I've noticed though, is a lot of these solutions help but only for a little while before they don't work anymore. It's like anxiety/depression is immune to it.

It may be a chemical imbalance and/or it may just be our thought process, but one thing is forsure is if you change your way of thinking then your body will produce different chemicals and you WILL feel better.

The root of all anxiety/depression I believe is to be in your thought process. What I'm struggling with is how to go about changing your way of thinking, and the more I think about it the more I keep losing hope which is making things a lot worse :(

Its not that its immune to it, its actually quite weak, it only has power if we let it. The problem is anxiety is fantastic at transforming and changing itself. It attacks in a different form so it feels like something new, or it arises over something else and stresses us out.

Sometimes I can have a symptom of some kinda that will make me anxious, il think about it in a certain way and i get past it but then in a split second il think about it in a different way and I am right back at the start again!