PDA

View Full Version : in a pickle

Svish
07-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Hi, im 21m. few weeks ago I literally (as literally as it can be that is) stumbled over some articles on the net about agoraphobia and social phobia. and I must say i am a bit worried now :? I know ive always had trouble with these things, but I've always thought that im just shy, and that some people are shy.. but I think i am alot deeper than I thought :?

at the moment im very single (too afraid to do anything about the few crushes ive had, and suck at getting to know people), and I "moved out" two years ago to study computer engineering. I study, eat, and sleep, and I think thats about it. I buy food, but thats about it. clothes I get when my mother thinks the ones im wearing is too weared out etc :? kind of embarrasing to be 21 and not able to cloth myself... anyways, next spring, my bachelor is done, and I will have to find work. and im NOT looking forward to it to say the least.

soo... these last weeks has been alot of thinking. and I know I should do something about this. ive read that you can get through this stuff, and I really want to. ijust dont know how. this agoraphobia is a really MEAN thing. its like those computerviruses that disable the antivirus and block your internetconnection. I have agoraphobia, and I am too afraid to find a doctor or psychaiatrist. i havent told anyone about this yet. the only person that knows is a person I met on a internetmeetingplacethingy. I love to juggle, believe it or not. as I hate to be the center of attention, and watched in general. so most of my practice happens in my room, or I find a place that not many can see. then turn on my mp3 player to block out the world outside. anyways, she juggles too, and asked me to come visit, so we could learn from eachother. I said I would love to, but probably wouldnt. and it turns out she have been through it too, so she guessed that I had it. havent heard from her in a week or so now though.. guess she gave up on me or something, hehe..

well.. dont know why I write this really.. i have a question I hope to get answered though. cause I REALLY want to fix this. and I need to know exactly where to go. Do you go to a doctor first, who sends you to a psychiatrist or something? Or do you find a psychiatrist right away? how to get there will be the next problem, but I hope that if I know EXACTLY where to go, I think I could maybe get there.. I have a neck that are a bit annoying. probably because of all the computerstuff I do, since I dont do much outside :roll: anyways, could try to get my parents to get me there because of that.. im home for the summer, so.. maybe they could get me there...

yes yes... time is 2:35 here in at the moment. should get some sleep. tomorrow is a new day. with new fear and anxiety. woo.... looking forward to it.. :( [/b]