PDA

View Full Version : anxiety worse while sick

clay
10-13-2010, 06:54 PM
I have a headcold and I am finding my anxiety symptoms have increased over the last couple of days. I'm also finding I feel very "down" without a cause. I am on effexor for my anxiety. I've been on it for 30 days now.
do you guys find even mild sickness like a bad headcold increases your anxiety and/or depression?

Charmbracelet81
10-13-2010, 07:48 PM
I was wondering that myself today. I also have a cold, and was wondering why I felt more anxious/had a huge panic attack today...maybe we want something to blame it on, maybe there really is a reason why... :?

forwells
10-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Howdy

Being ill with the flu or such is not only going to add to a already stressed body but is also going to a to any other problems that you have going on .

It would only be normal i think that a illness added onto of other things is going to increase your anxiety and depression .

It will pass just let it take its cause and you will be right

cheers kev :D

Itzomi
10-14-2010, 12:49 PM
Yes, I had a minor cold recently (and PMS at the same time) and my anxiety was definitely elevated!!

pietpompies84
10-18-2010, 12:12 AM
I have that same experience with being sick. I am have more anxiety when a am a bit hungover....Does do you feel sick for longer aswell?