PDA

View Full Version : Burning feeling when you're anxious?

Christiangal42
10-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Does anyone get a feeling of burning all over when you're anxious? I feel like I have icy hot in my veins. I feel sick to my stomach and I am so afraid of dying. I am so sick of anxiety!

ThePhoenix
10-13-2010, 12:28 AM
Ah yes! I had that once, I dont know exactly what it is physiologically that causes it but I had it before. It was kinda weird and scary but when you stop fearing it it goes away! Its just a stress/anxiety symptom.

Christiangal42
10-13-2010, 01:26 AM
Thank you The Phoenix. I actually went to the ER tonight because of it. I was also having nausea. Physical sensations have always been a big issue for me. I get very anxious and I fear dying.

Anxiety really sucks. : ( I wouldn't even let them give me medication in my IV because I felt so afraid.

Itzomi
10-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Yeah, anxiety is a bugger! The myriad of physical senations never cease to amaze me!

Sorry to hear you had to go to the ER, but glad you are OK. :)

forwells
10-13-2010, 08:25 PM
Howdy

I can safely say with 1000000% that after having this sh&* of a symptom for 2 years most days on and off that it is harmless and will not cause you any problems .

It is just your nerves on edge and is no different than the feeling of pride or that feeling on when someone walks over your grave ( old saying )

Cheers kev :D

Christiangal42
10-13-2010, 10:20 PM
Thanks all. Yeah, the symptoms from anxiety can be pretty crazy. I've dealt with them for many years, too. This one a new one. So of course that got me freaking out.

Do any of you ever get the shakes real bad, too?

tconnorbok
10-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Yes, when I feel my anxiety creeping up I get clammy and I feel hot all over and fatigued afterwards. It does pass but I wish it would just go away all together. Sometimes at night I will feel like my hole body is shaking which is wierd but I just do some breathing exercises and after about 5 minutes it goes away.

Itzomi
10-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks all. Yeah, the symptoms from anxiety can be pretty crazy. I've dealt with them for many years, too. This one a new one. So of course that got me freaking out.

Do any of you ever get the shakes real bad, too?

With anxiety, there is ALWAYS "a new one" (eventually).

The shakes are common, too.

Christiangal42
10-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Thanks. I try to calm myself, but sometimes I just keep feeling crappy. It feels like someone put Icy Hot inside of my veins. I hate that feeling. :(

Zuena
10-18-2010, 11:39 AM
I also get that "hot" feeling when I start panicking, it's almost like it starts at your feet and rises up through your body.

I was trying to explain this panic business to my brother the other day. He doesn't understand and gets VERY impatient when I talk about it. He has a serious problem with his temper, and I told him to imagine himself losing his temper.. but SERIOUSLY losing it.. that feeling of heat rising up in your body, and feeling like you are outside yourself, just watching. Only, the feeling lasts longer and there is no one standing in front of you to justify your anger / why you are feeling the way you do.

I think he understands a little better now. I doubt people realise that we aren't just being full of sh** but that this can be so real and frightening.

Z

Christiangal42
10-18-2010, 07:09 PM
I hear you Z. I think unless they've walked in our shoes, they don't really get it. But some are understanding, and some are very nasty. I had a nurse in the ER last week who was real nasty toward me when I had a panic attack. Even on the psych ward, where they are SUPPOSED to get it, some of them don't.

My husband learned a lot of what I deal with by going to some counseling sessions with me. Maybe that would help if you are in counseling. Bring any loved ones who need help understanding what you're going through. I think some of them feel helpless and they don't know how to help us.

Kitarist
10-30-2010, 08:04 AM
does anyone get these burning pain even when they dont hava a panic attack?

Christiangal42
10-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Yes, sometimes I get it just when I am not feeling well, esp my stomach.