PDA

View Full Version : medication not working?

Jono_aussie
07-09-2006, 07:13 PM
hi people im just wondering what medication is most people here on for there anxiety/panic attacks?? cause i have been on avanza 30mg's mirtazipine tablets for about 2 years now and the last few months it feels like its not workin anymore, someone that i know is on prozac for anxiety and it works good for them, but im not sure im defenetely gonna talk to my doctor about it, any comments would be great thanx

kim
07-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Hey Jono,

I was on Prothiadon/Allegron for 15 years and just this year gone onto Sertraline (zoltof) - I found my old medication didn't seem to work anymore and that I was getting worse eg. house bound (a newy for me) but now my panic attacks at home have stopped and I am working on getting back out there (at the moment with the help of Sarapax) but have an appointment to see a phsyciatrist in August. Sertraline takes 8 or so weeks to kick in.

Irish
07-10-2006, 09:59 AM
The only medication I use is Beer or Vodka. I'm slowly becomming an alcoholic, But i'm going to get off it soon and go find some meds, but im afariad if they wont help me nothing will so im trying to avoid them for the time-being.

Can anyone here safly say the meds work ?

Tori
07-10-2006, 01:48 PM
I can safetly say that they work. I was told by my doctor that alcohol, caffiene and tobacco can make attacks worse and make you more prone to them. I would think that you should stop the alcohol.. that may make things worse over time.

Jono_aussie
07-10-2006, 06:20 PM
ok i went to the doctors and they put me on aropax im not sure how good they will work but im willing to give it a try, has or is anyone else on this medication?