PDA

View Full Version : pot scare

boxer
10-11-2010, 10:08 PM
I thought I had gotten rid of my fear of schizophrenia but I just read a new study that marijuana can spark the illness and I smoked on and off for three years I smoked like once a month or less not allot at all but my fear has just came back after reading it. Also my depersonilazation has been really persistent and hasn't let up for like three weeks but I've only had like 2 or 3 panic attacks in that time frame

Terror-x
10-12-2010, 10:51 AM
off the drugs mate they aint any good for you or your mind stay away be clean feel fresh and you will feel better

boxer
10-12-2010, 03:14 PM
I quit smoking and drinking like 3 months ago and have no desire to do so ever again but thought still worries me

forwells
10-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Howdy

but thought still worries me

You have the choose on weather they worry you or not . They are after all just a thought . One of 60,000 we have every day .

As for the main problem . fear of schizophrenia I think you will find that you would have no fear and people who get it do not know that it is a problem and believe that what they believe is true . So stop worrying about it as many people with anxiety have this fear . Or the fear of lossing their mind .

cheers kev :D

Robbed
10-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Another thing to consider is that drugs like pot and acid don't so much cause schizophrenia as they tend to bring it out in predisposed individuals. Also, if you smoked pot a long time ago, it's not like schizophrenia is going to suddenly 'pop up' when it's been years since you last used it.

birdisontheway
10-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Indeed one of the best cures for anxiety and stress is to quit drinking and smoking.

Not only will your attacks stop. you will see your overall health improve as well.

Yes Robbed, I agree, schizophrenia can only be triggered by these things for people who are already predisposed.

boxer
10-13-2010, 10:44 PM
What about the depersonlizaton and derealizaton can they be persistent and last awhile cause its been like 2 weeks and I can't shake it

eraserhead
10-14-2010, 03:43 AM
What about the depersonlizaton and derealizaton can they be persistent and last awhile cause its been like 2 weeks and I can't shake it

It can stay like that for a long while, and if you get obsessed it will not go away until you are able to stop thinking about it. I have had at least 2 weeks of this before. What happens sometimes with these experiences, is that illusions about who we are get destroyed. Take this opportunity to learn what is real, and what is not. Chase down what is real, and leave the rest behind. Understand how meaningless life is without love and attachment to our surroundings, and according to my belief, without attachment to God.

This way, when this terrible feeling finally subsides, you will come out of it as a better man.