PDA

View Full Version : i think i got bad agoraphobia

Jono_aussie
07-09-2006, 07:10 PM
i've allways felt weird about traveling so i was nervous when i went to visit my girlfriend that i have only none for a few weeks she lived about 4 and a half hours away from my city and i was really nervous about traveling i keep thinking what if i get there i might have a panic attack there and she might look at me weird or her family might think i was weird but i did go up there with a friend so that was a bit more relaxing but for the hole 4 days i was there i had butterflies in my guts i felt nervous in public and the feelings wouldn't go away, but the good think was when i went for a walk with her or layed down with her i felt alot better, now i feel like i wanna move there to be with her but i guess my hometown is kind of a safe place for me and if i leave i keep thinking i might freak out or something, is that agoraphobia?? is there any medication that someone might be on that can help deal with these situations? im on avanza 30mg's at night ive been on them for about 2 years now and i feel like its not working anymore, if someone can give some suggestions im open to try new things ive thought to speak to my doctor about this plus im seeing a pshycitrist which helps a bit but he is on holidays so he cant help me at the moment

Kayla23
12-13-2006, 10:43 PM
That's unfortunate. but consider yourself lucky. I can't drive five minutes anywhere without experiencing bad panic attacks.

kadensmama
12-28-2006, 05:04 AM
Well i know this sounds weird but im not the only one goin threw this. After I had my first son, I experienced something very weird when i was in the car, felt like i was goin to die, weird feeling.. anyways til this day i cant get into a car, i want too SOOO BAD, but i just cant... why?

gasoline
01-03-2007, 05:54 AM
I dont know if this relates but Ive been getting something similar & every night I have in my head that "soon" then today I knew it was going to be a bad day....Im a deli girl at a nearby food store and I thought "Oh since today sucks I might even get cut at work today.." But when I was leaving I locked myself out, opened the window to unlock the door and it came down and my hand went threw the glass---5 stitches. So Ive been awake all night wondering..."I knew somethign was gonna happen..and I always feel Im going to die soon...oh no". Im the worst, I tryed the breathing techs. and all that--nothing seems to work..every night Im like this.