PDA

View Full Version : My wife is in the hospital

Fasteel
10-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Well after reading all I can understand about these various drugs I'm in need of some help to try and figure out what all these different prescriptions she is taking are able to help her. Anxiety and depression.
Abilify 2.5mg in morning
Abilify 5.0 mg before bed
Pristq 100mg in morning
Seroquel 100mg before bed
Trazodone 150mg before bed
Ativan 1mg every 4 hours

This is we are currently dealing with. Hopefully some of you folks can help me understand if these are what she needs? I think it is too much judging by her stoned and Zero energy all day long. She is somewhat happy at supper time, the only time of day.

Thanks Greg

kathique
10-11-2010, 06:48 AM
Hi there

Wow. That's a serious cocktail of meds there. Is there any way you can provide a little more information? If you don't mind me asking, does your wife have bipolar disorder?

Fasteel
10-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Kath

My wife has GAD and symtoms of depression associated with the anxiety. I don't think she has any bipolar stuff going on?
She has been on RX meds for 11 years and I'd like to try and get her into some therapies to reduce the twice daily need for a hand ful of meds.

Thanks greg

forwells
10-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Hi Greg

Boy thats alot of drugs . I can tell you that it took one to knock me on my ass for months . These drugs cant be doing her any good i would think

Google anxietycentre and jion and read and you will find the correct information . Also they are in Canada also and do coaching over the phone

Also for your self find a book called dyeing for a cure and read it and see what these drugs can do .

Your wife needs love and surport and not to be druged to the eyeballs

they saved me . They can help you if you need it and they have all suffered in the pasted and recover and all fully trained mental health workers .

cheers kev

Fasteel
10-14-2010, 08:03 AM
Well I have gone and checked out this site and it does sound great, plus they are located in Calgary which is only a 2.5 hour drive from where we live.
Now the next thing we need to do is try and get my wife to reduce this huge daily intake of meds, perhaps these therapist will have some suggestions for that as well
Thanks a BUNCH

Regards Greg

sparks
10-17-2010, 09:46 AM
hey...have you looked to get some form of counseling/therapy for her? Most doctors will agree that their is a mind-body connection and that our thoughts do influence how we feel. So attacking this anxiety from this angle could help.

Fasteel
10-20-2010, 09:41 AM
Sparks

I have joined the Anxietycenter and my wife has had her first over the phone session. She saw another family therapist yesterday and is seeing her shrink today. She still need meds for now, but not this highly sedative group of chit.
We got out of the hospital last friday and at the family meeting the Doc says " your wife just isn't responding well to the medication" at which point I nearly lost and blurted out " she couldn't be more stoned, what are you guys hoping she'd be like?
These psych doctors like to talk about what they think, not what they KNOW.
Any ways I could go crazy talking about what I think about the current Anxiety Med pushers in our world.
My next post might come from Jail as we meet with her Doc of the last 10 years this afternoon.

Regards Greg

Zuena
10-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Man that's a lot of drugs. No wonder she is stoned all the time.

How are things going now?

Z

Robbed
10-24-2010, 05:42 AM
These psych doctors like to talk about what they think, not what they KNOW.

Because, generally speaking, not much is really known about mental conditions. For instance, conditions like depression and anxiety are described only in terms of symptoms. NOT pathology. The reason, nobody really knows much about the pathology of these conditions. If you compare this to physical conditions, you can see just how absurd it is. Imagine, for instance, a headache and lethargy being considered two separate, discrete diseases. Of course, we know they are not, as MANY different conditions can cause them. But this is precisely the thinking when it comes to mental conditions.

My next post might come from Jail as we meet with her Doc of the last 10 years this afternoon.

She's on TWO antipsychotics? Like one is not bad enough. It sounds like her doctor should be the one in jail.

Fasteel
10-25-2010, 01:24 AM
Well we have managed to reduce the Seroquel to 50mg at bedtime and knocked out the 2.5mg of daytime Abilify, amazingly enough she is starting to come around and has had 3 good days in a row. Want her to try NOT to take the Ativan each morning.
Frikken Dr. says if he reduces anything else right now forsure she will be wanting to go back to the hospital, like that is ever going to happen again. Prick. See him again in 2 weeks.
Thanks for all of your input in this very trying situation.
Regards Greg