PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here. Needing help for my daughter

girlygirls
10-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Hi, I'm Lisa and I have two beautiful daughters. One is 10 and the other is 8. My 10 year old has been suffering from anxiety since she was a baby. As she gets older we have learned more and more about it and that is wasn't just "normal" childhood anxiety. She has been on medication since the age of 5 and sees a therapist 1x a month. I'm hoping this place can help me deal with it. Since she was 5 we've had maybe 3 years average on and off, over the 5 years that have been "normal" for her world. She has been able to be a kid for the most part and deal with her issues. However this past Summer she started to spiral out of control again and we are dealing with many different issues that are interfering with her life. I think just to be able to talk to others who understand is going to help me a great deal.

Can't wait to get to know everyone,

jj1983
10-09-2010, 02:43 PM
Lisa,

Hello, wow I hate to hear this about such a young child. I know anxiety is hard on everyone and I hope my friends here have some good answers for you.

girlygirls
10-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Thank you! Today she is calmed down and able to be more herself.

Itzomi
10-10-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm sorry to hear about what your daughter is going through. It's amazing how many kids are suffering with anxiety these days!

I wish I had an answer for you, but just wanted to say "hello" and wish the best for your daughter(s)!

forwells
10-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Hi lisa

I wish to answer this later but can i ask other than drugs what else are you doing .

She can recovery from it and it is not something that she was born with but something she has learned about over her life .

Also can you give a bit af a back ground and maybe the way she acts that might give something to go on . Light symptoms and also the way you react to it with her.

cheers kev :D