PDA

View Full Version : Please Help...

Cook316
07-05-2006, 04:37 AM
Hi,

I have always been a bit of an anxious person and a couple of years ago had an anxiety attack. This was related to moving out of home for the first time as I wasn't ready for it. Since then I spend every day worrying it will happen again even though I know it won't because I am in control of myself better now and won't let it happen. Over the past couple of days I can't stop telling myself that I want to panic. The words "I want to panic" keep flashing through my mind even though I know it isn't true. Has anyone else experienced this. I am scared if I keep thinking it I will bring on another attack.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tori
07-05-2006, 08:53 AM
well i have panic attacks almost everyday. and i am constantly worried about when i will have another. you have to talk your way through it. I got a great book called "the anxiety and phobia workbook" by edmund j bourne PHD and he tells you to use positive thoughts. instead of "i am not going to panic" use something like "These are just thoughts, I can handle this" just relax breathe and try to take your mind somewhere else. (harder said than done i know) this boook teaches about meditation and when i start to get anxious, i'll try it. it is so hard at first because your mind wanders, but after a while it really helps at relaxing me. I hope that I have helped somewhat.

healthier_cr
07-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Something important to do is keeping yourself informed on the subject, search for as much information as you can, take what you think will work for you and discard the rest, here is a good reading about anxiety (http://www.anxietycure.blogspot.com/), is a good start.