PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have problems with holidays

maisie56
07-04-2006, 08:03 AM
I would dearly love to hear from anyone else who has a similar problem.
For as long as I can remember I have had a problem going away on holiday (over 40 years)
When I used to be able to go on holiday I always wanted to come home early and would count the nights.
Then I got to the stage where I would go on holiday and have to home the next day ( from where ever I was, usually in Europe).
Now I have reached the stage where the thought of going on holidays fills with me fear. I was booked to go to France and even though I was really looking forward to the beautiful scenery, French food, sunshine, etc, about 10 days before I was due to go I knew I just could not do it.
This is the third time this has happened as you all probably know holiday insurance does not cover 'mental illness'.

If anyone has a similar problem I would love to hear from them.

scatmantom
07-05-2006, 10:35 AM
i hav this problem too...Ive been invited to boston a number of times but cant do it...i dont want to go and then hav to fly home early. Ive been on holiday before and im sure if I went for it I would be OK. I have never flown home early from holiday before but I always fear it...and its led to me not taking a holiday in years.

I cant offer any advice other than seeking professional help as Im sure this is common.

Good luck

Tom :D