PDA

View Full Version : Lexapro/Wellbutrin & Zoloft Weening - Hypomania Like Sym

jazoon
10-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Hello all,

I posted here one time a while back because I was in a bad way with me anxiety. I have been taking Zoloft 150mg for 5 years, Wellbutrin XL 150mg for a couple years and 0.5 mg Xanax as needed (usually 1-2 times daily) and just not feeling any better. Finally a few months ago I decided to take my doctor's advice and get myself into therapy. I have appointments with my therapist bi-weekly and just recently got to see a psychiatrist for the first time.

I was evaluated by my psychiatrist and he decided to ween me off of Zoloft (100mg for 3 days/ 50mg for 1 week) and introduce me to Lexapro. The first 3-4 days I felt pretty good. I'm on day 8 of Lexapro 10mg, Wellbutrin XL 150mg, and Zoloft 50mg and I feel so high strung. Every time I take my daily dosage I have to end up taking 1 to 1 1/2 Xanax to calm myself down. Right now I am feeling so hyper I can't sit still and I feel like I have a bajillion things going through my mind. I talked to my psych and he said to keep taking it, I guess hoping that effect will wear off once the Zoloft is out of my system. I really don't know but it's freaking me out and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?