PDA

View Full Version : A little setback

Bubbywu
07-02-2006, 11:07 PM
Well, I was supposed to work last night Bartending at my old bar I worked at and I couldn't do it. Friday night I started to get nervous about it even though I knew all the customers and everyone was looking forward to seeing me. I feel so bad for letting the owner down for freaking out. I just wish I could've at least made it there. That's the hard part. I know that once I would've been there, I would have relaxed but it's the build-up to get there that stopped me. And I just came back from Reno!!! So I'm a little bummed about it. She's still willing to call me again the next time she needs help and she misses me a lot. I won't give up for everyone who reads these. I'm determined to do it next time. :roll:

will write soon

Chele

Polleke
07-03-2006, 12:57 PM
The first thing that i wanted to write down, is that everbody feels nervous about these things... But it occured to me you don't really need that kind of talk anymore. From what i read you doing fine, and are determined enough to resolve your small setback.

Good luck ;)

Bubbywu
07-05-2006, 09:42 PM
I don't know about that. It seems every time I have a little setback, the effect is deep. I had a bad attack today because I'm nervous (but happy) about seeing a Cognitive Therapist tomorrow. I've been waiting 2 months to see this woman, so I hope it's worth it. I think it will be. I need to retrain my brain again. It worked for me 17 years ago so now I need it again to straighten out the bad habits in thinking. I, we all, overthink too much. You know, the what if syndrome. I hope the next adventure will go OK. I'm visiting my Grandpa for his 90th birthday. Flying from Washington State to Detroit because he lives in Ontario, Canada. I've flown there plenty, but now I'm doubting myself because of the work setback.

Chele

Tori
07-05-2006, 11:23 PM
GL with this. I wish you nothing but the best. GO to the bookstore and take a look at "the anxiety and phobia workbook" by edmund j bourne. and see if you like it. it got great reviews on amazon, and a friend recommended it to me and it has helped me alot already and i have only had it 3 days. helps you self talk and how to take baby steps to be able to go places. it is $20 at the bookstore, but i got it on amazon for 16 (including shipping) might help with the therapy. You'll do it! :D

Bubbywu
07-06-2006, 12:17 AM
Thank you very much! I'll check it out tomorrow after my appointment. :lol:

Chele