PDA

View Full Version : how do i stop suicidal thoughts please help

jnefrancis83
09-27-2010, 02:40 PM
hi iv been having a bad time the last six weeks iv got g.a.d its got so bad im having bad suicidal thoughts most days some times they go away but come back the next day, iv rang help lines but they dont help much, any tips on how to get them to go away?it dont help that my anxiety is so bad from waking up at 7am till i go to bed i get a rushing felling like iv got cold water pumping through my body like im high on drugs all day and the tingling/ burning wont go its so bad, i can take pain but this is hard take thanks for all your time joe :cry: :cry: :cry:

anxioused
09-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Sounds like you are having a really tough time.

Hang in there. I am sure lots of folks on here will be able to give you lots of advice but the main thing you need to do is get some professional help. Some people can deal with anxiety and depression on their own but it sounds like you need some help. Speak to a doctor and get some help.

Take care.

forwells
09-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Howdy Joe

You want to know how to get them to go . Stop caring about them .

Let me explain . I may be wrong here but i don't think you are suicidal at all but are more thinking that you are at a lost , are losing hope , that your anxiety will not leave .

If i am wrong and you are planing it then get help but the fact you have had them a while tells me they are more along the above lines .

These thoughts are nothing more than that , They are thoughts and unless you give them power then that is all they will ever be .

There is nothing wrong with this thoughts and everyone and i mean everyone has had them at one stage of there life . They are just a emotion that we attach to things when we loss hope and feel that we cant go on . We feel lost and cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel .

like im high on drugs all day and the tingling/ burning wont go its so bad,

Ok Now read this before you crack the shits Ok

Now these tingling and burning is not that bad , It not painful , it doesn't hurt . Its just a bit of tingling and burning feeling . This was my first symptom and looks to be my last . But you know what it doesn't not worry me in the least . You need to see it as nothing more than your body playing up . Do not give it any power. Just accept that it is there and one day it will be gone . While you worry about it then more it will be there .

You want to get rid of anxiety then you just accept that it is there and all the emotions that are with it . This goes back to those suicidal thoughts They are just thoughts because you are not at your best and have lost hope .

i can take pain but this is hard Again correct me if i am wrong . This statement doesn't make seance . You are saying that the tingling and burning feeling is worrying you but yet you say you can take pain . Can you see how anxiety will trick you . As i said that tingling and burning feeling is not even pain . about the only pain it is is in the butt . See i think its not the tingling and burning feeling at all that is worrying you but there is something you have added to it . What do you believe there tingling and burning feeling are ? What is it that worries you so much about them ?

I shall give you some of that hope back . I got anxiety two years ago and was pretty bad . Bad so that i would not leave the house at one stage . Today although i have things that i have to deal with because of the last two years and how i got anxiety , i now have no fears and live my life pretty much as i always have . All done with lots of work and no drugs . If i can do it so can you just as 1000s of people have before us . Never loss hope .

Cheers kev
:D

Itzomi
09-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Hi Joe,

I was in the middle of answering your post yesterday when I had to close the window quickly and lost what I wrote...

Like Kev says, you are giving too much credence to temporary thoughts and feelings. You can't stand the tingling, but you'd be willing to kill yourself? I would think THAT would hurt. ;)

My point is that you will not solve any problems by running - you need to fae it head on and not let it get the better of you. It won't last forever (though I know if feels like it's going to at the time) and there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. And, you really don't know what the "penalty" is on the other side for taking your life, and that's something you can't take back, so I wouldn't even go there. Not that I really think you intend to do this - you are just feeling frustrated and want what you THINK is the quickest/easiest (?!) solution out. Life isn't always going to be perfect. When my Dad had prostate cancer and Alzheimers, he told me you just have to "roll with the punches." If he could do that when he seriously had problems, why can't I do that when my problems are just in my head?

Do you eat healthy, by the way? If not, you may have a vitamin/mineral deficiency that is causing some of these feelings. Try eating a more balanced diet and see if that helps you any.