PDA

View Full Version : Surviving Reno

Bubbywu
06-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Well, I got back from Reno today. When I left I thought for the first time in my life I was going to have to get off the plane, but I didn't. First success. When I got there I found out I was the team captain. This meant I had to make sure my team knew when and where to be for registration, pictures, all meetings, and have their team shirts on. I wasn't prepared for that much responsibility but yet again I did it. Second success. I was able to bowl all events WITHOUT any anxiety and I bowled above my average too. Third success. But this morning my anxiety let loose. It was hard to do each thing, leave the hotel, ride the shuttle, wait in the airport. I finally relaxed when I was on the plane coming home. It wasn't a perfect trip, but to me it was a complete success and I'm happy I did it. I'm pretty worn out from the whole thing but in a way, it was all worth it. Makes me feel stronger to have done everything with or without anxiety. I still did it. Thanks for the support and I hope to have a new adventure to talk about soon.

:tongue:

Chele

kim
06-29-2006, 12:23 AM
Wow! (Double Wow!) Bubbywu,

You are sooooo strong (and brave) - you are an inspiration to all of us agoraphobics (and I mean that). YOU are amazing. You must feel soooo proud of yourself - AND SO YOU SHOULD.

Congratulations!!!! (I hope to be as brave as you)

Keep up the good work (and the posts)

Kim (Australia)