PDA

View Full Version : Who has bathroom issues

Southside
09-24-2010, 01:02 PM
I go through periods, usually a month or two at a time where I feel like I have to go to the bathroom constantly, and I go about every 2 hours. Anybody else feel the urge to pee constantly? I shouldn't have, but when I googled it, the results said that anxiety can cause the prostate to enlarge causing the urge to pee. I do sometimes feel uncomfortable sitting, so that might be the case.

tinkerbell_11
09-24-2010, 01:35 PM
i have this i go to the toilet and feel like i need to go right after some days i go 3 to 4 times an hour

Paul Dooley
09-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Having an urge to pee all the time can certainly be related to anxiety.

First though, you'll want to rule out medical causes like urinary tract infections if it's really that bad.

If it's not related to a health issue, then try to do kegel exercises. This is where you purposefully contract and relax the muscles of the pelvic floor.

Have you ever wanted to go #2 really bad? Well, the muscles you use to "hold it in" are the pelvic floor muscles. So you can squeeze these muscles, hold for about 10-20 seconds and release. Do that 10 times in a row about 3 times a day. Over time those muscles will get stronger and reduce your urge to pee.

And of course, try to work on reducing anxiety. That is the key.

Itzomi
09-27-2010, 11:23 AM
I call these my "stress tinkles." If I'm nervous about going somewhere I will seem to feel every single solitary drop in my bladder - I will go tinkle and then think 2 minutes later I may have to go again!