PDA

View Full Version : Eye strain?

ThePhoenix
09-23-2010, 02:31 AM
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone else gets this and if its related to anxiety maybe? I get this intermittent pain behind my eyes, well maybe its not behind but in the corners near the bridge of my nose mostly. I have noticed it before but it goes away and I dont think about it but I have attached a fear to it now and it seems to be more and more frequent.

I am worrying myself over it now thinking its related to something terrible but I dont know if maybe its just the tension in my face from anxiety. I do jaw clench and grind a bit and get pain across my cheekbones from time to time but now that I am focusing on this eye thing I seem to notice it all the time. Has anyone else had this kinda thing before?

I have been to the optometrist for a check up 6 or so months ago and there wasnt anything too wrong. My vision was slightly out, not enough to the point of needing glasses and I dont feel I struggle with focus or anything like that but just this occasional pain thats worrying me. :(

tconnorbok
09-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Yeah, I get this almost everyday it comes and goes. My anxiety causes me sinus problems which causes my eyes or right above my eyelids to feel sore or tense. Nothing to worry about though. What I hate is having tension in my neck and temple area most of the time which I know is caused by stress. I HATE ANXIETY :evil:

Itzomi
09-23-2010, 01:31 PM
YES - I have this!!! Or at least something very similar. I get pains around my eye socket, towards the bridge of my nose, in my left eyebrow, left forehead, on either side of my nostrils, and all over my scalp. Hurts to put on makeup on my eyes. My eyes also feel "tight" as well. I was afraid I had some neurological disease, but I went to a neurologist and he said I'm fine, and my chiro says it's anxiety-related. It started when my uncle fell ill and eventually passed away (I was close to him).

ThePhoenix
09-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Yeah, I get this almost everyday it comes and goes. My anxiety causes me sinus problems which causes my eyes or right above my eyelids to feel sore or tense. Nothing to worry about though. What I hate is having tension in my neck and temple area most of the time which I know is caused by stress. I HATE ANXIETY :evil:

You know what, it could very well be a sinus issue. I have had sinus issues on and off for months now which I only just recently worked out was from my anxiety. I get the tension in my neck as well but I know its just stress as well but its not pleasant!

YES - I have this!!! Or at least something very similar. I get pains around my eye socket, towards the bridge of my nose, in my left eyebrow, left forehead, on either side of my nostrils, and all over my scalp. Hurts to put on makeup on my eyes. My eyes also feel "tight" as well. I was afraid I had some neurological disease, but I went to a neurologist and he said I'm fine, and my chiro says it's anxiety-related. It started when my uncle fell ill and eventually passed away (I was close to him).

Sorry to hear about your uncle. :(

Yes when I get it its nearly always right in near the bridge of my nose too or right along my eyebrow! I know what you mean with the tight feeling, I am hoping its caused by me carrying tension in my eyes and forehead.

Itzomi
09-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Sorry to hear about your uncle. :(

Yes when I get it its nearly always right in near the bridge of my nose too or right along my eyebrow! I know what you mean with the tight feeling, I am hoping its caused by me carrying tension in my eyes and forehead.

Thank you, Phoenix!

I feel much better knowing I'm not the only one, because it is such a weird symptom, or so I thought!!!