PDA

View Full Version : feels like veins through my neck are constricting

thissucks
09-16-2010, 10:39 AM
since just a few days i've had this absolutely horrible feeling that the veins from my heart to my neck are constricting. i don't know if it's just in my head or real beacuse when i get the thought of it locked in my head it actually feels like they are constricting and it feels like that feeling when you swallow something too big and it slowly glides down your throat. i've even had really bad pain from it that i jump. the only thing i can do to relieve this thought is pop my back or xanax. honestly i'm trying to fool myself that its just anxiety because i feel like if i find out it's something worse the thought will jump into my head more often and i'll die sooner.

Itzomi
09-16-2010, 10:42 AM
I get a "vein restriction" feeling in my neck, too, on the left side. The other day, it hurt to have the seat belt pressed against my upper chest (below the collarbone).

It's all tension-related, I'm sure.

thissucks
09-16-2010, 10:46 AM
my doc also prescribed lexapro, will that help this type of anxiety or no? also, is there a way i can go under hypnosis and sort of just delete this crap from my memory or is that a bit unrealistic?

Itzomi
09-16-2010, 11:05 AM
I unfortunately (or fortunately) don't know anything about prescription meds - I avoid them like the plague. There is another forum here for meds that you may wish to inquire on, though!

I don't know yet but will hopefully soon find out to see if hypnosis works!!

For s short-term fix, you may wish to treat yourself to a massage. I wish I had the throw-away funds to do it more often!!