PDA

View Full Version : Work

mac_angel
06-16-2006, 02:24 AM
Hi guys

I made it back to work today after having a panic attack at work on wednesday.....I can feel the anxiety building in me as I type this. I am so afraid that I have another one... I love my job to bits but not when I am feeling like this. I have went through everything that happened/ i ate/ actions I did etc but nothing leads back to any of my known triggers

Help!!!

mac_angel
xox

scatmantom
06-17-2006, 04:57 AM
Hi again Mac

Im glad to hear you have gone back to work. You need to get rid of negative thoughts as I beleive it is negative thoughts of "having an attack" that are triggering your attacks. As soon as you think about anxiety (if your at home) lie down on your bed and breath slowly. Put some radio talk show on and concentrate on what the people are saying..but at the same time concentrate on staying positive, breathing deeply and concentrate on past success moments and Anxiety will become less of an issue.

THis is a form of distraction that keeps your mind busy and prevents your brain from getting the chance to remember the anxiety. After doing this for a while you can get up and go about ur business feeling much better off (well in my experience thats what happens)

Hope that helps

tom

mac_angel
06-19-2006, 02:44 AM
Thanks for your advice :-) I put it into practise on Sunday and it helped loads :-)

Monday morning and I am back at my desk in work not feeling as bad as usual.

I`ve suffered panic/anxiety for 6 years, what about yourself?

Thanks again

mac_angel
linzi
xoxo

Irish
06-19-2006, 12:07 PM
I'm glad to hear about your sucess. I find that talking to a friend gets my mind off anxiety so i try stick around people for as long as I can, But its when I go home to TV, computer & bed i be at my worst. Ive only had anxiety myself for about a year now and talking to people about my and your problems really helps.

Just remember, Your last breath wont be when your taking a panic attack :)