PDA

View Full Version : Going to the dr..please wish me luck

jj1983
09-09-2010, 01:12 PM
So I was going to go to the dr for anxiety and got to the door and decided to NOT GO IN..

Well now I just havent felt right and my lymph nodes have been swollen..i looked it up online and it said it could be cancer!!!!!But we all know the researching will scare you. But I have almost every symptom
Fatigue
Malaise (vague feeling of bodily discomfort)
Abnormal bleeding
Easily bruising
Weakness
Reduced exercise tolerance
Weight loss
Bone or joint pain
Infection and fever
Abdominal pain or "fullness"
Enlarged lymph nodes

I have a white spot on my tonsil so maybe its tonsilitis..I called my dr and told them do all blood test on me because I have never had it done..

I leave in an hour and am FREAKED about going and scared what the could tell me.

I made a cardio. appt for my heart for tuesday and have already been freaking over that too..

wish me luck everyone and I will let you all know what they say..please send me words of encouragement

Rix
09-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Good luck mate! But you'll probably be ok. What you have described could just as well be a common case of strep-throat, made worse by your anxiety.

joesph
09-09-2010, 03:34 PM
I agree with Rix good luck you will probaly be fine.

jj1983
09-09-2010, 07:49 PM
So..
I was negative for strep..but they went ahead and gave me antibiotice...
They did blood work to test diabetes/thyroid/cholest. etc
it should be back on monday evening or tuesday
and they actually did an ekg,which she says was fine but they are wanting our insurance to pay for a heart monitor that I wear for 24 hours just to be safe.
I have another appt Tue with an actual cardio dr. and I will keep it too just to be safe..

Pray my blood work comes back alright.

ThePhoenix
09-10-2010, 02:27 AM
So I was going to go to the dr for anxiety and got to the door and decided to NOT GO IN..

Well now I just havent felt right and my lymph nodes have been swollen..i looked it up online and it said it could be cancer!!!!!But we all know the researching will scare you. But I have almost every symptom
Fatigue
Malaise (vague feeling of bodily discomfort)
Abnormal bleeding
Easily bruising
Weakness
Reduced exercise tolerance
Weight loss
Bone or joint pain
Infection and fever
Abdominal pain or "fullness"
Enlarged lymph nodes

I have a white spot on my tonsil so maybe its tonsilitis..I called my dr and told them do all blood test on me because I have never had it done..

I leave in an hour and am FREAKED about going and scared what the could tell me.

I made a cardio. appt for my heart for tuesday and have already been freaking over that too..

wish me luck everyone and I will let you all know what they say..please send me words of encouragement

I understand your pain and fear, I honestly do and you have done the right thing by getting it checked out. But the the things you mention are also symptoms of anxiety and the common cold and flu.

Anxiety reduces your immunity and ability to rid yourself of infection as well so try bear that in mind as well.

Good luck! :)

jj1983
09-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Thanks so much..the bad part is the said "oh strep was negative" but we will treat it as though you have strep..I have no temperature though. Headache and place on tonsil

Itzomi
09-10-2010, 11:23 AM
I wanted to wish you luck yesterday but had to run before I could respond!

Do report your blood test results. Hope everything is just fine!! :)