PDA

View Full Version : Constant Anxiety Symptoms

1_worried
09-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Is it common to experience anxiety symptoms all day every day when you are anxious? Dry mouth, rapid heartbeat, nausea, stomach pains, and decreased sense of taste?

jj1983
09-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Yes, I do this same thing!!1 It is terrible..some days you have horrible days some days you have just ok days..never great ones.thats me

1_worried
09-07-2010, 06:20 PM
So you have the same symptoms? I have even lost weight because of it. Is that normal?

Itzomi
09-07-2010, 06:28 PM
I have even lost weight because of it. Is that normal?

Yep, VERY normal. Or, people gain weight (self-medicate with food).

And people do have anxiety all day, every day at times. I used to have it real bad. It can be horrible!

1_worried
09-07-2010, 06:34 PM
It's hard to believe that this can cause you to feel physically ill.

jj1983
09-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Yes its crazy I too do this and I have lost weight not trying to..even though I could stand to lose the weight..but I havent had any appitite

1_worried
09-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Same with me. I feel so bad sometimes that i think there is something physically wrong with me.

WhyNick
09-08-2010, 03:30 AM
When I suffered from anxiety it was relentless. Some days I would wake up anxious, heart flutters, trembling. The physical symptoms of anxiety run into their hundreds but the good news is that they all fade away once you get a handle on the anxiety. Good Luck!

Charmbracelet81
09-08-2010, 11:59 AM
WhyNick is right. When I first started suffering from anxiety, Iwould instantly have butterflies upon awakening/scary heart skips and flutters eect. Now that I am understanding and more importatnley, accepting my anxiety, alot of my physical symptoms have gone down. Now the hardest thing for me to deal with is the thoughts, but I am working on it.

RequiemOfDemise
09-08-2010, 12:41 PM
ive had this issue recently too. It started with a couple panic attacks, then many panic attacks...and then just stuck in constant anxiety. I can make myself believe its just anxiety...and I wait and wait. Or I tell myself omg I have heart disease...I avoid foods and everything else.
Its really hard to control your subconscious and tell you're its a normal emotion.

jlauren1
09-08-2010, 08:24 PM
I too suffer from these symptoms on a daily basis. The only time I am truly relaxed is while I'm sleeping and that only last a few hours a night. I have noticed that if I get a full nights sleep that my day will be a little better but it's actually getting to sleep that can be tricky. I also started meditating twice a day for ten minutes until I can go for longer and that is also supposed to help. Good luck to all of you!

ThePhoenix
09-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Yes, like everyone else is saying. These symptoms can run on and on and on, the thing that I initially found hard to accept was that I didnt feel anxious all the time, I would think to myself...."but I am not worried about it right now, why am I getting these symptoms??" but the trick is our subconcious is still merrily whirling away creating mischief!

mhdwjw
09-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Hey 1_worried,

I experience exactly the same symptoms as you, my main ones are nausea, lately stomach pain, hot/cold flushes, headaches, dizziness and just a general uneasy, off, restless feeling. And yep I was getting them 24/7 and i mean 24/7. I have improved though and you will too. As the person before me posted; I often feel the sensations come on and think to myself but i wasn't anxious at this time so how can the symptoms just come on. It is crazy. I use to think there was something seriously wrong with me medically and have had every medical test under the sun! and of course I am fine. I have started the panic away program which i think is good and the forum is really helpful too. Maybe give something like that a try. hang in there and keep asking questions on this forum as it helps to know you are not alone :)

1_worried
09-09-2010, 06:11 AM
Thanks everyone. I went to counseling last night and the counselor suggested a few things that I could do to start off with light relaxation techniques, etc. Last night wasn't a bad night for me, though I didn't eat.

To mhdwjw: So you experienced dry mouth and lost sense of taste too? These are the main ones for me, and also the pounding heart. Sometimes I am truly hungry, but the thought and taste of food is ikk!!!!

mhdwjw
09-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Yep dry mouth particularly when in a panic attack. And yes loss of taste and complete loss of appetite. I can usually go the whole day without eating cos I am just not hungry, it's hard to feel like food when ur stomach's in a knot! Try bananas, the are easy to get down.