PDA

View Full Version : Wake every morning in a panic

jj1983
09-06-2010, 08:13 PM
I am a work from home mom who wakes in a panic every morning..even without an alarm..

Who here does that and how to you help try to control it?

sara86
09-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Lately I have been doing this all the time. I wake up way before I even need to and am in a panic. I cry and rock and dwell on my anxiety, and its awful! I just dowloaded some meditation tracks on itunes and im going to try to listen to them as soon as I wake up so that i can relax and be rational before panic hits.

Rix
09-12-2010, 08:53 AM
The amygdala, which is responsible for your anxiety is active during sleep too. This is actually proof that the problem is subconscious, even if there are a lot of people disagreeing. There are a lot of things you could do to reset it.

jj1983
09-12-2010, 08:57 AM
I have woke every morning in a panic and not breathing well I feel like

thistleburden
09-13-2010, 04:22 PM
heya, one of the other guys said that his doc told him to eat a banana first thing in the morning since it helps balance out your blood sugar levels cause they are lowest when you wake up. Banana's full of tons of vitamins and minerals so it should help boost you a bit as well, hopefully balancing you out a bit for the morning.

Itzomi
09-13-2010, 07:20 PM
heya, one of the other guys said that his doc told him to eat a banana first thing in the morning since it helps balance out your blood sugar levels cause they are lowest when you wake up. Banana's full of tons of vitamins and minerals so it should help boost you a bit as well, hopefully balancing you out a bit for the morning.

Hmm, thanks for the tip! I hope it works! :)

SeaApostropheS
09-20-2010, 12:00 AM

I've kind of become dependent on food (more so than the normal person) because I either have low blood sugar, or have convinced myself I do.
Anyways...I bring a banana with me where ever I go. :)
Really easy to carry around, and when I panic, it calms me.

I should try eating them when I wake up though!
Thanks for the tip.

jj1983
09-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Actually, I may eat one right now!