PDA

View Full Version : anxiety at night and early in the morning

andyb
09-06-2010, 05:17 PM
my anxiety gets worse at night 11pm til anythin upto 10am wen i cant sleep, anyone else have the same problem. it would be great to use this thread as i find talkin to people with the same problem relaxes you

Charmbracelet81
09-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Nights are ok for me, it's really the best time for me for some reason. But mornings on the otherhand :shock: are not fun! That's when my anxiety is highest (that's not situational), especially if it's a work day, I just dread it and anticipate.

ThePhoenix
09-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Mine depends, sometimes I dread nights, othertimes its the mornings and sometimes its both depending on what my fear is at the time so you might be the same. Plus, you condition yourself to a degree that its worse at night, you tell yourself or fear the fact that you believe it will be worse at night, therefore it is!

I am on a run of dreading mornings at the moment because I feel anxious when I get up, a month or so it was nights. Its nothing to be worried about, just focus on beating the anxiety, not the time of day it strikes!

andyb
09-06-2010, 07:38 PM
I am really trying to grip it at night but its not working I guess a big thing that plays part is I feel somethings that I think are not anxiety

nervousbutterflies
09-06-2010, 08:11 PM
yea my anxiety definately gets alot worse by night. i have no idea why!?!? it might be because i get terrible terrible nightmares every night! and i mean terrible! But your not alone

this doesnt relate but people with dementia and alzheimers get worse at night to its called sundowners.

maybe we have some form of anxiety sundowners:( !? who knows

jj1983
09-06-2010, 08:25 PM
Mine is the exact same... bad of am..and right before bed.ugh..

ThePhoenix
09-07-2010, 12:22 AM
yea my anxiety definately gets alot worse by night. i have no idea why!?!? it might be because i get terrible terrible nightmares every night! and i mean terrible! But your not alone

I would say theres a good chance that your fear of nightmares would be fuelling your anxiety!

allysum
09-07-2010, 02:36 AM
I had a terrible night last night too - couldn't sleep, had heart palpitations, felt like I was going to faint, have a heart attack or a stroke etc - the works really. I nearly got up and logged on to see if anyone was around to talk to. In fact that is what helped me calm down in the end - the fact that if it got really bad I could go online and find someone to help.

I'm really beginning to discover that people who suffer with anxiety are generally kind and considerate people who want to help each other. I certainly do and it's given me a focus rather dwelling on how hard it is for me to get out the house sometimes. Night times can be worst of all because there is that sense that you are alone - well this message board proves that you're not.

jj1983
09-07-2010, 10:00 AM
aww thats sweet..your never alone..if you have yahoo messenger add me!