PDA

View Full Version : New Here

drakemom1
09-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Hey All!
I am new to the group and would like to introduce myself to you guys and see if anyone is experiencing the same thing as me and what has helped. I have agoraphobia and have become semi house bound. I fear not being able to make it to the bathroom in time to go and having an accident in public. It is really bad when I am in the car. I have trouble even driving to work which is less than five minutes away in the same town as where I live! It has gotten to the point where I am just so frustrated and mad that I have to deal with this and have no idea where to start. I also suffer from from OCD with a fear of contamination which has gotten worse in the last year. I recently gave birth to my second son and during my maternity leave I was able to not leave the house and avoid all of the stress and panic of going out. Now that I am back to work and my older son is back to school and therapy (he has autism) it seems like it has gotten worse because I let myself get used to being able to hide in my house and now I have no choice but to go out. I am just so sick of living like this and want help so bad, but I have no idea where to start. Please help!