PDA

View Full Version : I really need some help dealing with my anxiety

Alvinmg
09-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Hit everyone,

Let me start by saying I was diagnosed with PTSD in 1984 when I was in an explosion in 1983 "burned 50% of my body 2nd degree". I have never really gotten over the explosion and have seen getting help ever since. Now for what is going on with me now and I don't know what to do.

Last year my brother was diagnosed with ALS and now I believe I have ALS since my brother has ALS. I noticed muscle twitching and that is one of the symptoms of ALS and I was sure because I noticed I had muscle twitches. I went to the same Nurorologist as he did and this is where it all started. He wanted to do the baseline test and he found some problems with the nerves in my legs. He wanted me to do and MRI and found a tumor on my back. I went for a 2nd opionion and they say they want to wait 3 months because they don't believe it's cancer because of the way it looks. He decided to close the loop and wanted me to get an MRI of my brain to make sure the tumor didn't start in my brain. Well, they didn't find any tumors but they did find spots on my brain and he asked me if I smoke and I told him yes for 35 years and quit 5 years ago and he said the spots look old. He wants me to wait 1 year and take another MRI. All this is too much to handle.

All of this stuff just had my anxiety level off the charts. The doctors put me on Lexapro and I have been on xanax for years as needed. My doctor also put me on 1mg xanax ER every night to help me sleep.

What I freaking oout on now is I have issue with my left hip. When I sit down the hip bone you sit on hurts. I think I hurt my left leg hamstring and I had tendonitus and the more it hurts the more I tense up my butt muscles and by the end of the day the muscles between my legs hurt. What I do is tense up my butt muscles and they get sore it makes it hard to go to sleep. My world is colapsing around me.

I was wondering if anyone has any techniques they use to reduce the stress naturally. Any relaxation techniques that works. I know the problem with my muscle in my butt is mostly caused by me anxiety.

I think anxiety is the worse thing I ever had even counting the explosion I was in.

Thanks for reading
Alvin

worrier123
09-04-2010, 05:21 PM
sorry to hear ur going through a rough time i really hope all works out for u and i sure it wil just be positive ok!! what i tend to do alot-most nights really is il have my lap top with me in bed and i wil go on you tube and watch/listen to videos that have been made by people sometimes just like us, theres loads to help anxiety, at the moment im having trouble sleeping so i just searched sleep hypnosis and its nice to just lie there and listen to these people with really soothing voices talking in a calming positive voice and it does help cos it takes my mind away from worrying about things, theres this one actually that i cant get enough of and its just a woman whispering either just random stuff or sleep hypnosis lots of different things and its so relaxing for me i jst find her voice and whispering in general gives me shivers and makes me really relaxed....try it tho there are loads of different things on there, oh also meditation is a good one too there are lots of vids for those too

keep smiling :)

Alvinmg
09-04-2010, 06:32 PM
I appreciate the idea about You Tube. I did the search and see what you mean.

Thanks again