PDA

View Full Version : KAVA-KAVA for stress relief - Is it safe?

josephlyanez
08-29-2010, 01:35 AM
Hello there everyone!

I have read some positive comments regarding the use of a plant called Kava-Kava for stress relief, but also that its comsumption may be harmul for the liver.

Any experience or advice?

Best

jusroc
08-29-2010, 06:27 PM
Kava Kava is supposed to be quiet effective for reducing the symptoms of anxiety and associated disorders.
Although I believe that Kava Kava has been banned in several countries because after several clinical trials, Kava Kava proved to cause liver damage to people who used it on a regular basis.

They probably also banned Kava Kava as it probably started to gain popularity as a cheap recreational drug, And the powers that be, probably banned it because it was taking money from their illegal and prescription drug markets.

Kava Kava is banned in the UK.

josephlyanez
08-30-2010, 03:59 AM
Many thanks for this info.

Best,

Joseph

jj1983
09-19-2010, 05:03 PM
i need to order some more kava tea it seemed to help take a little edge off,but not all the way

Rhetoric
07-29-2011, 12:17 PM
I've done a lot of reading on Kava Kava lately, and found that it does NOT cause liver damage as long as ONLY the ROOTS are used in the preparation. If any other parts of the plant are used, then and only then can it cause liver issues. So when shopping for Kava online, be very mindful to check that they 1st say that the product contains only the roots.. and for it to have any relaxation effect, it needs to have at least 30% - 40% kavalactone content. (Kavalactone is the substance in the roots which provides the anti-anxiety relaxation when consumed.)

fallingthin
07-31-2011, 11:46 AM
hmmm...thanks