PDA

View Full Version : what if its not anxiety

boxer
08-26-2010, 05:53 PM
I started to worry a little bit ago and started to think that what if what I'm experiencing is not anxiety at all but scizophrenia or some other mental illness I haven't been diagnosed with anxiety but I have had panic attacks since I was 10 i have all the symptoms of anxiety but I wanted to know is this normal

TwitchGreenMachine
08-26-2010, 09:09 PM
You worry alot, like myself. That's my main fear "going crazy". But apparently anxiety can't make you go crazy. So I just stick with that and think positive . Which is hard. Meditation helps.

I think I know what your going through, one minute your in top shape, training in MMA and everything else you can find to make you better. You feel on top and invincible. Than it seems out of nowhere,panic, anxiety, stress, take right over, and now you feel your slowly losing everything including your sanity. I hear ya. I'm there too.

Hang in there.

ThePhoenix
08-27-2010, 01:28 AM
I started to worry a little bit ago and started to think that what if what I'm experiencing is not anxiety at all but scizophrenia or some other mental illness I haven't been diagnosed with anxiety but I have had panic attacks since I was 10 i have all the symptoms of anxiety but I wanted to know is this normal

This is a BIG part of your problem, you are thinking into the future and then catastrophising it. The fear of going crazy happens with anxiety, add that to your history of panic attacks and well, there you go! :D

jusroc
08-27-2010, 05:28 PM
anxiety disorders have clear symptoms including worrying.
Although the worries are generally rooted in reality and are not delusional in nature. I.E. worry about losing job if x happens, or, girl friend is cheating, or what would happen if x happens etc. These are quiet normal symptoms of anxiety. As they are rooted in your every day life (unless you never have had a job or a girl friend, then they would be delusional....lol)

The symptoms of other disorders such as Schizophrenia are different and are often more delusional in nature.

Delusions include, believing that you have magic powers (which of course I have), believing that you are the messiah (although incidentally I am...) believing in other delusional beliefs that have no foundation in reality.

Naturally occurring hallucinations often are experienced by people who suffer from Schizophrenia. I.E. voices in the head, visual hallucinations.

nervousbutterflies
08-29-2010, 08:23 PM
That is one of my biggest fears because I always get paranoid about ghosts in the house and my boyfriend cheatin on me gettin poisioned. I feel like they might as well lock me up in the mental hospital to get it over with

Terror-x
08-31-2010, 12:54 AM
That is one of my biggest fears because I always get paranoid about ghosts in the house and my boyfriend cheatin on me gettin poisioned. I feel like they might as well lock me up in the mental hospital to get it over with

i can relate to that to be honest allways fear about turning into a coconut and talking tomyself andf things like that scare me :unsure:

anxiety_killer
08-31-2010, 06:05 AM

Hi Boxer,

You can do only one thing : Do full medical check and after this forget about everything else !

It is quite normal to feel and think in this way. I will be surpised if you don't have such thoughts !

Look , this temporary condition can be "cured" in only one way. I will write a post soon here, will shortly describe my story and how I get out of this . Also if you or somebody else want can send you my book "Accept, Understant and Let It Go" in which I wrote everything I know about this. I am sure it will be very helpful for you.

Wish you all the best !
Georgi

jj1983
09-04-2010, 05:54 PM
I feel you I worry too much too..we went to the dr yesterday and I about passed out when we pulled up...my legs went limp..so guess what..I called and cancelled appt to get a check up.. my hubby thinks I am crazy,I know he does..but he just doesnt get it..and I am glad that he doesnt have to experience this

andyb
09-05-2010, 07:42 PM
well anxiety is making me crazy

alex1993
09-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Anxiety makes you feel like you are going insane. The fact that you think you are crazy means you are not.

Itzomi
09-07-2010, 03:09 PM
The fact that you think you are crazy means you are not.

Great point. True nutjobs have no clue!! ;)

Rix
09-09-2010, 05:48 AM
I remember having the same thing.
Let me guess, you either saw "A beautiful mind" or have read about schizophrenia recently.You might have also gone to Wikipedia and looked at the symptoms and causes of schizophrenia in a desperate attempt to give yourself proof of not having it.

But like I said, part of anxiety is feeling you're going crazy, or seeing a disease on a documentary and believe you'll get it.

Since I liked psychology and I read a lot about it I was afraid of getting every disease I read about. Upon reading that it's best for the friends and family of those suffering from schizophrenia to hide the fact from the sufferer and play along with his stories, I started fearing that all my friends were hiding that from me.

Wow, as I read that I realize how schizophrenic I sound. In the end, I just had anxiety. Hope my comment helped...