PDA

View Full Version : What is your ONE MAIN tip for stress relief?

josephlyanez
08-26-2010, 07:24 AM
Being so many information in the web in the form of: "3 or 5 or 10 things you can do to relief stress", I would like to personally ask you, what is the ONE and ONLY thing that you find works best to your stress relief?

Thanks for your help,

Joseph

Charmbracelet81
08-26-2010, 11:45 AM
Definitely "belly-breathing." I've learned this in therapy. I thought it sounded, well, stupid, when she first told me about it. You should look it up, it's interesting. I do have many things that help me, but that's the one thing I can use anywhere in any situation that causes me high anxiety/panic that works and isn't very obvious to people around you.

Robbed
08-26-2010, 07:39 PM
A walk in the great outdoors is always a good stress reliever. You will almost ALWAYS feel better after the walk than before. And unlike other stress reduction techniques (like meditation or yoga), no special skills are required to 'pull it off'.

TwitchGreenMachine
08-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Meditation. so far. But I hope to find other things that work, so I have more of a variety, and eventually beat this thing for good.

kathique
08-27-2010, 07:22 AM
Bouncing on a gym ball and breathing exercises + being positive. It's relaxing plus it helps me burn off adrenaline.

josephlyanez
08-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Thank you everyone for your tips!

Best,

Joseph