PDA

View Full Version : Do I have a disease? Is this type of anxiety normal?

Higaj10
08-24-2010, 11:45 PM
6 years ago, I had pneumonia and was out of school for a month, then had a relapse and was out for about another month. After that, I started feeling this tightness in my neck and that I would keep "poking" at it really hard because it bugged me so much. I know for sure now that its related to anxiety because when im at home or doing something fun that takes my mind off of everything, I do not feel anything. However when I have to do something new or something that causes stress or anxiety like getting a new job, public speaking, meeting new people, whatever... it will start to build up and I would get that feeling in my throat again and start that panicky-feeling. I have been taking things like ricola, icebreakers, gum, etc. which seem to help with it each time it starts to happen, but only very temporarily. Also after eating meals - no matter how small or large, I feel as if I had over-ate or bloated myself, but gum and whatnot helps with that. Can anyone relate to this or tell me what type of disease I have (if it is actually one) and what I can do stop it all-together instead of just stopping it temporarily each and every day.

ThePhoenix
08-26-2010, 01:43 AM
Hey ya,

Sounds like anxiety to me, its pretty common for people who have previously had a medical problem IE Pneumonia to then have "feelings" of it being there. Its really common with people who feel dizzy after an ear infection as well, the problem is gone but the sensation remains and brings a sense of fear with it.

Tightness in the throat and feeling full and bloated are also trademark anxiety signs, stop trying to pick a disease to fit your symptoms because you will drive yourself mental! Its just anxiety, relax! :D