PDA

View Full Version : Losing Myself With Anxiety

Leafs93
08-16-2010, 06:00 PM
I can deal with the physical symptoms of anxiety, but I feel like I am losing myself! Can't get excited about anything that I use to. It is like I have no feelings. Constantly in turmoil and things I used to believe about myself are so distorted. This continues even on the good days.

This has to be the worst symptom of anxiety! Not sure how to deal with this. Life is not much fun right now. Any advice would be appreciated.

forwells
08-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Howdy Leafs

What you have sounds like Depersonalization .

You need to stop the mind and body are different thinking. This symptom is no different than lets say a twitch . The mind and the body is conected . Treat it just like any other symptom and give it no power . It will pass over time if you let it . But the more you focus on it the longer it will stay around .

You feel different but you havent changed you are still the same person but it is just this symptom of anxiety is making you feel different . Remember it is just another symptom

cheers kev

forwells
08-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Howdy Leafs

What you have sounds like Depersonalization .

You need to stop the mind and body are different thinking. This symptom is no different than lets say a twitch . The mind and the body is conected . Treat it just like any other symptom and give it no power . It will pass over time if you let it . But the more you focus on it the longer it will stay around .

You feel different but you havent changed you are still the same person but it is just this symptom of anxiety is making you feel different . Remember it is just another symptom

cheers kev :)