PDA

View Full Version : Flu causing anxiety?

TheEditor
08-16-2010, 11:04 AM
Hi all,

I've posted the last few days about increasing anxiety issues. I think I know what it is.

Today I woke up feeling cruddy after a reasonably stress-free evening.

I have a high temperature (don't have a thermometer right now), achey muscles/bones and a headache that keeps coming and going.

Last year I had the stomach flu and it took 5 days to develop -- for the first five days I thought I was having anxiety. But as soon as it developed, went through my system, and passed, I felt fine again.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

I really hope I have the flu -- how weird does that sound?

jusroc
08-16-2010, 12:22 PM
i have, in fact. after one episode of really bad flu, I almost topped myself due to the anxiety and depression that i suffered from due to the flu.

Flu, as many illnesses, can put a lot of stress on the immune system and can escalate anxiety and depression.

Also, the after effects of alcohol can also make you severely depressed and highly anxious. So, avoiding large amounts of alcohol is advisable.

Just keep this in mind.

TheEditor
08-20-2010, 11:36 AM
So I'm back into work today after 3.5 days off and staying at my parents (large source of anxiety is the neighbour on his way out by Aug. 31).

This morning I was feeling anxious. Struggling with some gastro symptoms and so on.

I started to relax into my atmosphere at the office again, however, and am right now feeling pretty good in terms of anxiety.

But I still have a massive headache and feel really drained (I didn't get enough sleep, but this is beyond that).

I'm headed back to the 'rents to try and snooze a bit and relax more. I feel like I have the flu.

How long should I wait until I visit the doc again, if these symptoms don't clear up?