PDA

View Full Version : long distance relationship driving me insane with worry

thedarkness
05-31-2006, 08:59 AM
its been three weeks since i started going out with this guy, i met him at prom, ti was a dream occurance- i saw him at prom, i had liked him for a while but he never saw me, then he looked at me and i looked at him, i was sitting down and the prom court stuff was going on, anyway the next time i was up next to him in a group he asked me to slow dance. (was a fast song) i said the next slow song i would. (we wound up slow dancing to a fast song at the end of the dance anyway)
i got his phone number, and ive been talkign to him on the phone and i saw him at school a few times, ive even been to his house here twice, but he had to move to tennessee, and im in florida.
he isnt good at talking on the phone, he has some of the same problems i do, i think... and its been two days since we have talked. we talked sunday night. i feel like calling him, but its been a week or so since he called me, so i want to make sure im not being the desperate one in the relationship.
im going to see him monday, i got greyhound tickets, so i have to talk to him before then to make sure he knows when to pick me up.
i really love him, more than anyone ive met before. he even drew a picture of me. he's in art and all... wow, but thats an experience i dont really want to go through again, having him stare at me for fifteen minutes, made me so nervous, it was horrible... i kept remarking on things in his room, i couldnt just stare back at him

i dont konw if im stupid to like him so much. especialyl considering how far away he is, and the fact that i have trouble with phones,
and that
i get anxious about it through the day, i always find some reason... theni talk to him and i feel better... always. he's like my medicine. i dont want to become dependent. i dont want to fall so hard if he leaves me. i cant just live my life, you'd think it would be easier to lead a seperate life if your significant other were two states away, but its not and its making me anxious and even depressed.
i used to have a depression i was somewhat comforted in, but this is wrong. its jagged, i feel alone in the world

i dont even know if i have a question, but someone i guess tell me if im doing the right thing

shoe
06-01-2006, 10:51 AM
thedarkness,

It sounds like a very sweet little romance you have there :)

Intense love sometimes has that effect that you feel you can't live without the other person.. but you can, you definitely have the strength to make it on your own, independent of him. It is kind of important to remind yourself of that, to be sure that you don't become dependent on him and that you keep focused on what *you* want out of life (besides a love interest ;) ).

Who knows, maybe someday you or he will move to be with the other. :)

thedarkness
06-01-2006, 01:01 PM
i called him last night, and talked to him
then he called from work for about 5 or 10 minutes this afternoon

so... as i usualy am after talking to him, i feel like myself again.

that was bad. three days without talking to him... thats why i searched out this site.
anyway. im once again happy. i will keep posting on here about things related, as they occur... assuming no one on the site minds =\ :unsure:

-
(after work and a chat with Josh... 12:30 AM)
today i tried something different with josh. i had said something before about us asking each other questions, just whatever comes to mind and whatever we want to ask.
(i had done so in a previous relationship)
anyway, i remembered a part of it i had forgotten to mention before. when doing the questions, we have to take turns asking them.
im glad i finaly got around to telling him about it cause we did so for probaly about 10 questions each, then he had to go. anyway its a good start. im so proud of myself... heheh
i love the taking turns thing, somehow it actualy relieves some of the pressure and awkwardness of the whole situation, and each of us gets equal oppertunities to ask ^_^