PDA

View Full Version : Fear of growing Older and Death

Yeti389
08-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Hey evryone, I'm new to this board and I was hoping someone could share some insight into this problem I have. I obsess about death and getting older. Please share

Thanks

Dejasade
10-25-2010, 10:20 AM
Hey evryone, I'm new to this board and I was hoping someone could share some insight into this problem I have. I obsess about death and getting older. Please share

Thanks

This is the main reason I joined this site. I have an unnatural fear of dying and growing older. I hate it. It's sort of overcoming my life. I got on Zoloft and it helps a bit. But I still can't shake that "we all get old and die" feeling. It's like I think "why even live? We are living to die basically..."

Nicole002
10-27-2010, 03:35 AM
Hi there - I read your post and I thought about a conversation I had with my co-worker about growing old and dying. If you focus so much on growing old - you're not going to enjoy life. We can't change the inevitable, but we can change how we look at things.

Getting older worries me and so I try to just live life in the present. Make sure I take care of myself so I can live a good quality life like my parents are.

In a nutshell - try not do something each day/week/month that makes you happy. For me, going to the lake and being with friends is enough to make me feel revitalized and happy...and it gives me energy. And, always have something to look forward to: a trip, favorite t.v. show, movie, dinner with a friend, etc.....very important. :)

james108
01-01-2011, 11:00 AM
I used to have the same problem. I was disturbed about growing older. I wanted to be young for ever and immortal. I couldn't accept the fact that I was going to grow old and die. Like you say we are born to die. We are sentenced to death as soon as we are born.

This is a good thing. We are suffering because we are identifying ourselves with our body- so it helps to us to look further as to why we are suffering- why we are fearing death. It helps us to get in touch with our spiritual side- to know that we are beyond life and death. Beyond death there is love and peace. We are more than our body. See this following link. I am sure you will love this and that it will make you peaceful:

http://www.kriyayoga.com/love_blog/topic.php/20