PDA

View Full Version : Weird nose and throat numbess - anxiety? please help!

neonsky
08-13-2010, 07:37 AM
I have had some weird symptoms which come and go for the last 3 weeks or so. I have been feeling a strange numbness or fullness in my sinus area and around my nose. Sometimes the back of my throat feels numb or strange, or my upper jaw/teeth feels pressure and achy. Sometimes the tip of my tongue feels numb and also numbness around my mouth. I dont have pain or headaches or a runny nose though it does feel a little phlegmy at times.
All these symptoms come and go - i may have just one, then nothing for a few days. Cant fathom it.
I hurt my neck a few weeks ago and it still feels like it needs to click, and grinds when i move it. Also i suffer from TMJ (jaw clicking/problems) plus i suffer anxiety. I think my anxiety ( and panic attacks which ive suffered for ten years or so) may be causing some of my symptoms but not all - and i don't want to go to the doctor as i always seem to be in and out of there with odd 'feelings' like this which they say oh its just anxiety. Of course every time i google i think i have some kind of cancer or something horrible and i get so frightened. I'm obsessing over this and scared. Any ideas?

Terry
08-17-2010, 06:09 PM
I have had some weird symptoms which come and go for the last 3 weeks or so. I have been feeling a strange numbness or fullness in my sinus area and around my nose. Sometimes the back of my throat feels numb or strange, or my upper jaw/teeth feels pressure and achy. Sometimes the tip of my tongue feels numb and also numbness around my mouth. I dont have pain or headaches or a runny nose though it does feel a little phlegmy at times.
All these symptoms come and go - i may have just one, then nothing for a few days. Cant fathom it.
I hurt my neck a few weeks ago and it still feels like it needs to click, and grinds when i move it. Also i suffer from TMJ (jaw clicking/problems) plus i suffer anxiety. I think my anxiety ( and panic attacks which ive suffered for ten years or so) may be causing some of my symptoms but not all - and i don't want to go to the doctor as i always seem to be in and out of there with odd 'feelings' like this which they say oh its just anxiety. Of course every time i google i think i have some kind of cancer or something horrible and i get so frightened. I'm obsessing over this and scared. Any ideas?

I get the same thing in the back of my nose/throat I call it. It's like a throbbing sensation way back in my throat and sinus. I first experienced it 6 months ago when my anxiety started and it was painful!! My whole face was throbbing. I was sure it was a sinus infection or TMJ. No, it was anxiety. My eyes were even twitching and felt like I couldn't turn them. It was horrible.

Amelia
08-20-2010, 02:47 PM
I have experienced the same type of symptoms. I thought it might have something to do with my teeth... an infection or something but have been to the dentist and had some work done. The symptoms are still there so i guess it is due to my anxiety. I feel like my through is swelling or closing over and have pressure around my nose and head. I have also googled it and it brought up cancer! I don't think we have anything to worry about physically... but i'm sure that won't stop us worrying! :roll:

Hope it helps to know you are not alone! :)