PDA

View Full Version : Are my Irrational Thought Unbeatable?

Moxxis
08-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Hey guys/gals, I am new here this being my first post. Sorry if its in the wrong place.

The reason why I am posting is becasue I have been getting very weird thoughts over the past month. I say weird becasue they even make me say to myself "Wow thats weird" and it makes me feel like im going crazy, like I am going to lose my mind over it.

My thoguhts are about life. Like "is life real?" "am I real?" "Am I dreaming right now?" "Am I the only person in the world?"

It embaresses me to even talk about it because I feel people will think I'm crazy. But I need to know if I'm the only one who gets these thoughts, or if its a rather commen thing for people with Irrational Anxiety to have.

To give a little backround I was on Lexapro 10mg for around 6 years have have been off of it for going on 5 months now. My Doctor have me Xanax .25mg to deal with it, and it works very well for the short time it effects me. I feel like me again. But I feel grogy when I wake up the next day and have a hard time remembering things. The thoughts were so much easier to push out of my mind and just live when I was on it. But I am trying to deal with this and fix it without medication.

Can anyone help, or share some of their experiences with me?

Thanks, Mox~

Edit: Hit me on AIM if you have it, I would love to just talk to someone.

ThePhoenix
08-13-2010, 12:34 AM
Hey guys/gals, I am new here this being my first post. Sorry if its in the wrong place.

The reason why I am posting is becasue I have been getting very weird thoughts over the past month. I say weird becasue they even make me say to myself "Wow thats weird" and it makes me feel like im going crazy, like I am going to lose my mind over it.

My thoguhts are about life. Like "is life real?" "am I real?" "Am I dreaming right now?" "Am I the only person in the world?"

It embaresses me to even talk about it because I feel people will think I'm crazy. But I need to know if I'm the only one who gets these thoughts, or if its a rather commen thing for people with Irrational Anxiety to have.

To give a little backround I was on Lexapro 10mg for around 6 years have have been off of it for going on 5 months now. My Doctor have me Xanax .25mg to deal with it, and it works very well for the short time it effects me. I feel like me again. But I feel grogy when I wake up the next day and have a hard time remembering things. The thoughts were so much easier to push out of my mind and just live when I was on it. But I am trying to deal with this and fix it without medication.

Can anyone help, or share some of their experiences with me?

Thanks, Mox~

Edit: Hit me on AIM if you have it, I would love to just talk to someone.

Hey Mox,

No its definitely not unbeatable! You mention some meds but have you actually spoken to a therapist of some kind? Counsellor or some such?

That way you can talk through your thoughts and they can help you change your thinking patterns.

Good luck!

hesson81
08-13-2010, 11:55 AM
yes, I have had those thoughts and feeling before. I think they were started though by a fear of something else. So then it started that kind of thinking/feeling.

try your hardest not think about it. Label it exactly what it is while it's happening. It's just "irrational riducullous thinking that will go away when I change something up a little" ie excersise, eat something healthy, drink a glass of water, go swimming, ect.... I have done real well with labeling it "oh my cingulate is acting up again", part of the brain that switched betweet thoughts.

You know that thought/feeling passes, because you haven't indicated that it last 24/7. So that is what you'll think about while it's happening from now on, the fact that it will pass. It wil help you move to something else.

THat's why medication is so helpfull because it allows you to have control over you cingulate, and shift attention where you want it. I think (and I meant this) that being on the meds for a while was real good for you because your brain (while on meds) learned (brain placticity) how to switch those thoughts. So now your having to do it yourself, your brain knows hoe to do it, just gonna have to find effective ways of applying it. Distraction...

Your not going crazy, because your aware.. ;)

joysaleh
08-17-2010, 06:43 AM
it will take time but first thing u have to tell your self that u r fine these thought just like couds will come and go.
when i was going through the same i tried many many things but one thing i can say works for me is relaxation.good relaxation slow these thoughts so u have more gaps to be and think like yourself.
it also has accumilative effect so in my bad days i will do 3 session of relaxation .my advice is do relaxation with a proffesional then u can do it on your own.

thats said now think what is it that when u do relaxes u?..for me it was walking.so in bad days when i felt i m going crazy i literally walked my self to sanity.

there r many things u can try which i can share with u on later posts but if i just come here and write one word as a reply it will be RELAXATION.