PDA

View Full Version : anxiety/acid reflux please help

kimmie31
05-28-2006, 04:36 PM
hi, i am 18 years old and i have been going through anxiety/acid reflux problems since i was very young.
whether it be presentations/speech/or anything . . . i would get very nervous and feel like vomiting the stuff coming up from my throat. i have to drink water continuously, which helps only a little and i am afraid of my future for that.
i heard yoga helps, but are there any at-home procedures i can try out before doing so?

i am almost very losing it because i am really unhealthy..

i just wish to be like everyone else. i am anxious. about anything. and it makes life just as hard.

thnk you..

shoe
05-29-2006, 01:17 AM
kimmie, have you seen a doctor about this? Is there anything they could give you for the acid reflux? I'm not too familiar with the disorder myself.

As far as helping with anxiety.. you could do as differnt self-help books say.. try relaxation exercises, try doing abdominal breathing exercises, do some exposure therapy etc.. but its probably a good idea to do this stuff with a psychologist.

scatmantom
06-04-2006, 04:57 PM
)Hi there,

Shoe gave good advice there 8)

I suffer from vomiting in nervous situation, not sure if Ive got acid reflux. My problem is phsycological (i cant spell :( ), when i think Im going to be sick, i usually am, so breathing techniques and getting my mind to change the way it thinks and reacts (cognative theraphy) may help you in the same way it has helped me.

All the best