PDA

View Full Version : help needed ( is this anxiety ? )

chuck_d
08-11-2010, 12:52 AM
i started developing this very bad symptoms 4 years ago after a friend of mine died and they will come and go every 3 months or so after i did not get enough sleep or thinking of something too hardly. recently for the past 3 weeks it got worse. my symptoms are :

1) nausea ( cant even think of food )
2) stiff neck
3) feel like something stuck in the throat
4) a not visible lump on throat below the chin
5) flu
6) chest pain
7) hard to finish a cycle of breath
8) sometimes numb hands
9) diarrhea almost everyday for the last 2 months
10) hot burning sensation on the ears and back of the neck
11) clog ears sometimes
12) sleepy all the time
13) dont feel like talking when it attacks
14) sweaty palms and sometimes forhead

can anyone tell me if this is somehow anxiety or was it something else ?
i can sometimes in the same day fell ok and all of a sudden if i think of the symptoms, they will eventually appear again . in example i can swallow well and then i think of it and after a few minutes i cant swallow well again. is this going to happen to me my whole life? feel numb in my head sometimes and when i close my eyes i felt like i am in a boat ride.
Please advise.

chuck_d
08-11-2010, 01:03 AM
yeah and another thing , every time when i read this forum i felt better. breathing well and don't feel much pressure on the head. felt alot better. do you guys felt the same ?

louiseevans222
08-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Hi,

Im not too sure abot the flu like symptoms but I know that short breathe and feeling as if you can't catch your breathe is a sign of anxiety...

Anxiety can have a big effect on your physical body...

I suggest you relax...

If you want to know more info about anxiety I will be doing a Live call discussing how I got over it for 7 years...

It may help you, maybe you can relate to the symyptoms]

All the best,

Louise

Razz
08-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Louise

Wish your live call was in the usa

James

chuck_d
08-12-2010, 12:46 AM
hey louise ,

sorry it wasnt a flu like symptoms but i had stuffy nose and sometimes after eating i felt like i had loads of saliva stuck in my throat. And another major problem with me is the nausea. suffering from nausea for 5 days already and when i feel ok i can eat. but when i dont feel good i feel like vomitting when i got near to the food and smell it. but this nausea only happens when i am eating and after eating for abt 30 mins. i was eating well yesterday night and i finished up the whole meal . but today it came back. i just do not like this feeling. Help me please.

ThePhoenix
08-12-2010, 03:08 AM
hey louise ,

sorry it wasnt a flu like symptoms but i had stuffy nose and sometimes after eating i felt like i had loads of saliva stuck in my throat. And another major problem with me is the nausea. suffering from nausea for 5 days already and when i feel ok i can eat. but when i dont feel good i feel like vomitting when i got near to the food and smell it. but this nausea only happens when i am eating and after eating for abt 30 mins. i was eating well yesterday night and i finished up the whole meal . but today it came back. i just do not like this feeling. Help me please.

Hey ya,

I get the stuffy nose thing sometimes too, plus when you are stressed or anxious stress takes its toll on your immune system and knocks it around a bit making you more susceptible to colds and flu. Nausea is a pretty common anxiety effect as well, its like if you get extreme nerves or fear.

chuck_d
08-12-2010, 04:07 AM
hey louise ,

Hey ya,

I get the stuffy nose thing sometimes too, plus when you are stressed or anxious stress takes its toll on your immune system and knocks it around a bit making you more susceptible to colds and flu. Nausea is a pretty common anxiety effect as well, its like if you get extreme nerves or fear.

thanks phoenix. now that i know i am not alone i felt a lot much better. i just took my lunch just now and it was ok . but i know its gonna come back soon . i am going for some football ( soccer ) later and hopefully every week to reduce stress. thats what my doctor told me to do . He told me to concentrate on another thing will make you forget about your anxiety sensations. But i am trying. hopefully it works.

JordanBK
08-12-2010, 09:16 PM
If everythings been ruled out by a doctor, then yes this is anxiety 100%. People do get flu-like symptoms when experiencing anxiety. Each to there own symptoms, which makes it unique.

Since you've had it for so long, think to yourself - has anything bad happened during the time of your symptoms?

As for you feeling better when on this forum, it's probably because you're keeping your mind off your own thoughts/feelings by doing something active (i.e typing & actually reading), and reading what many, many others are going through. As this happens with me.

ThePhoenix
08-13-2010, 12:27 AM
[quote="chuck_d":1tys5msr]hey louise ,

Hey ya,

thanks phoenix. now that i know i am not alone i felt a lot much better. i just took my lunch just now and it was ok . but i know its gonna come back soon . i am going for some football ( soccer ) later and hopefully every week to reduce stress. thats what my doctor told me to do . He told me to concentrate on another thing will make you forget about your anxiety sensations. But i am trying. hopefully it works.[/quote:1tys5msr]

No problems at all, your definitely not alone! It often feels like that though! Dont be telling yourself it will come back, there is no reason it has to come back. I promise you once you accept its anxiety and its controlable it will go away. I sometimes get an upset stomach brought on by anxiety. I just recognise it has been brought on by other feelings and it will pass, usually it does within minutes!

The exercise is a great idea, definitely keep that up!

TheEditor
08-13-2010, 10:43 AM
The throat thing is a weird one.

When I started having anxiety issues - identifiable ones - I never had that. These days I do.

The stomach issues are pretty common, I think. Happens to me in times of anxiety. I agree with other posts... it takes a big toll on your body, physically as well as emotionally.

Maybe looking up some deep breathing exercises, meditation, or something will help.