PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever feel like....

Wildflower
08-10-2010, 09:10 AM
it will never get better? Yesterday I had a huge panic attack, constant thoughts that it will never get better, I will always have anxiety like this, will never be able to get a job. It was hard to breathe, chest pains, crying, shaking. Like a meltdown.

Today was much better though, I went into a gas station convience store for the first time in 5 years, by myself. I went into one last week, but had someone with me. Thats a big acomplishment for me.

CLV
08-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Just want to say well done - I know what you're going through, and it's not easy.

Take everyday as it comes, and keep making steps like you have done, and before you know it you're on the road to recovery 8)

x

Wildflower
08-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Thank you.

That's what everyone keeps telling me, take each day as it comes. Im really trying to, sometimes I just think about the future and it makes me panic. Another thing is I think about the past too much, what I should have/could have done, that maybe I would be like this.

ThePhoenix
08-12-2010, 03:16 AM
Thank you.

That's what everyone keeps telling me, take each day as it comes. Im really trying to, sometimes I just think about the future and it makes me panic. Another thing is I think about the past too much, what I should have/could have done, that maybe I would be like this.

Congrats on the progress. I too have those feelings of when will this ever get better. I try not to future walk too much as well.

As for the past, its hard sometimes not too think about it but the way I try to rationalise it to myself is that I made the best choices I could at the time.

Steve_P
08-16-2010, 04:43 PM
it will never get better? Yesterday I had a huge panic attack, constant thoughts that it will never get better, I will always have anxiety like this, will never be able to get a job. It was hard to breathe, chest pains, crying, shaking. Like a meltdown.

Today was much better though, I went into a gas station convience store for the first time in 5 years, by myself. I went into one last week, but had someone with me. Thats a big acomplishment for me.

First off, congrats! That's awesome... the key is to just try to continue to take baby steps out of your comfort zone and into the scary stuff.

Remember, you will have some relapses, it's natural, just keep your head held high. It probably took you years to develop such severe anxiety, and it will take some time to conquer it, but you can do it!