PDA

View Full Version : Agitation With No Anxiety !!

Razz
08-08-2010, 05:33 PM
I stayed in bed this morning doing research on my laptop until after lunch. I was pretty calm with no anxiety. I got up at 2:00 pm and got hit with extreme agitation - almost like a seizure after I took a shower and went to the grocery store. So agitated almost had to leave the store.

I had no anxiety until after this hit. It was like my adrenals dumped a huge load just from getting active.

Does this make sense to anyone - is this common with anxiety???

forwells
08-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Hi Razz

You are not gona like what i have to say but i will say it and you can take it the way you like .

Now even though your life is different than others and your symptoms may differ a bit from things you are in no way different from anyone with anxiety . You need to try and convince yourself that what you have is anxiety and only anxiety and that you can recover like 1000s of people before you . Yes remember that, they say 1/4 people will get anxiety and do you think that these people are walking around in a state such as you are now . No they recover and have moved on with things.

I am not having a dig at you , remember i was there but you need to see it for what it is . Your scared , stressed about having to live with it , but you dont have to live with it forever but only for now while you work on it .
You asked on another thread yesterday weather there was people that sensitized . I was in facted i would say i was worst . Everything would send shock waves though my system , i would jump at the phone , i would shit myself going to the post office ( something i have done everyday for 10 years ) , i would buzz with electric type shocks when i lay down , I could not even stay still for 5 minutes to meditate ,i couldnt read books watch tv , on bad days i couldnt be online , I bearly slepted and when i did i had many shocking nightmares , i couldnt laugh , i couldnt smile . But i sure as hell could cry. :shock:

But there is a big difference between them and me . I knew what it was and excepted that thats all it was . Yes i hear you say Oh but it might be something else , yes it could be but it isnt and you are worrying about something that is not really there . Bit like a kid being scared of the boggie monster , Its real in their mind but not in real life . Everything you feel is real but there are reasons behind it and at the top of that list is your thinking , the anxiety and the effect short term that anxiety is having onn your body .

I know you think in a way that drugs have done this to you but i disagree . I think that you fighting and trying to find a cause that is not there is causing it .

There are causes and things to be done about anxiety and its not just about changing your thinking and telling yourself these Affirmations & Self Talk , yes they may work with some but i believe that it is a very small amount . How can you tell yourself your fine , happy , feeling great when you feel like shit . YOU CANT because it is not the truth . But you can change that thinking to include the turth . The turth is your system is on high aleart because of anxiety and if you can do things to reduce that stress then it will settle . You dont need to tell yourself what you know is crap you just need to tell it the turth . I have anxiety , it is making me feel unwell but i know that i can recovery and it will happen if i work on it . I will become one of those 1000s of people that have got past it and moved on with there life .

I pretty sure you said you eat well , What about supps are you up to them . What about other hobbies do you have any .

Look i know what you are going though but you need to take the thing by the neck and squash the life out of it . No ammount of people telling you they had this or that will help . Anxiety is a addiction , it is a addiction on focusing on ourselves and you need to break that addiction . You need to start to see it as it is. Anxiety and only anxiety .

cheers kev :)

kathique
08-09-2010, 05:01 AM
Hey James

the adrenaline has built up over a long period of time, it won't disappear in an afternoon. Because there is so much adrenaline in your system, basically you can go from zero to anxious in 0.5 seconds. When you learn ways of managing the adrenaline dump, you won't be so easily startled. Remember to breathe. Have you tried bouncing yet?

hesson81
08-09-2010, 10:37 AM
I know what you mean though. Those I would have to say are my worse days, in fact the last day I had like that was july 3rd. ;). Just a day where for about 6 hours I was severely adgitaded. I'd want to drop kick my toddler for asking for a glass of water. I didn't, and i know not to, but those days are tuff. Everything bothers the crap out of you, and you don't want it to. I can't stand those days.